Chapter Twenty-Six: I Love Hugs!

YES! After like 25 chapters, I'm happy to tell you that Lisanna will no longer be evil. Well, she wasn't evil in the first place... I-I mean...she was, but... JUST READ THE CHAPTER!

~~~

Wendy's POV:

"Ooh~ my head," I said as I caressed forehead. I slowly opened my eyes to find my mom on the left side of the bed and the red-headed man to the right. Natsu and Lucy were in front of me.

"Oh, thank the stars. Are you alright, Wendy? You fainted when you were on the stairs," Mom said.

"Wait, if I was on the stairs...who caught me?" I asked. Everyone looked at the red-headed man.

"Thank you, mister!" I smiled. He gave me a downhearted smile and pat my head gently.

"Please, call me-"

"Igneel," Mom said. I was confused as to why Mom wouldn't let Igneed speak, but at least I knew his name.

"I hope you don't mind, but Natsu and I invited Romeo to come over," Lucy said.

"You did WHAT?!" To keep me quiet, Mom tried to shush me and Lucy looked taken back from my reaction.

"Well, Romeo deserves to know," Natsu said. I shook my head.

"H-He doesn't need to know," I stuttered.

"Romeo is your best friend. I think it's fair that he should know," Mom said.

"Who's Romeo? Are you Juliet?" Igneel asked me. I sweat dropped.

"Didn't I tell you? My name is Wendy. Romeo is my...friend," I said. He crossed his arms and looked at me seriously.

"How old are you, Wendy?" He asked.

"I'm thirteen. I'm a freshman in high school, even though I'm supposed to be in 8th grade," I answered. He gave me a nod.

"Interesting..."

"SORRY, I'M LATE!" Romeo exclaimed as he went through the door. I blushed in an instant.

"We'll leave you two alone," Mom said as she tried to hold in her laughter.

"Wha- no! Don't leave me!" I exclaimed. It was too late. Everyone left the room and it was just Romeo and me...in a room...alone...together...

"What was that all about?" Romeo asked. I shrugged my shoulders and hid beneath the blankets. I could feel his footsteps coming closer and closer. I only pray he doesn't yank the blankets away. Sadly, he did.

"H-Hey, give it back," I said as I tried to get the blankets back. He looked at my bandaged head and caressed it softly. My heart started to beat faster.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked with a glum expression. I started to feel guilty by what he said.

"I-I didn't want you to worry about me..." I answered. Romeo rolled his eyes.

"Baka, of course I would worry about you. You know, I really care about you," he said. I blushed at his response. Romeo started to sit next to me on the bed.

"W-What are you doing?"

"If it wasn't obvious already, I'm sitting next to you," he said as he snuggled closer to me. It didn't make me feel uncomfortable. Somehow, it made me feel safe.

"Arigatou, Romeo-kun," I said as I placed my head on his shoulders. I suddenly found myself the urge to go to sleep. I closed my eyes and let the darkness welcome me. I could feel Romeo's hand stroking my hair. His touches were so pleasant. I began to lose consciousness and drifted off into deep slumber. Romeo smiled.