Day 1: Hollywood

"Don't worry, you'll like it here." Piper yelled from the other room.

Piper Jefferson has been my red-haired best friend since I could remember. She was the funniest and most supportive person in my life, and she took me into her care without even thinking twice.

She was 18 while I was 17, and we always planned on living together in L.A. Her apartment complex was small, but the perfect size for two people.

And today, I was moving in.

"So," She began, laying down on the bed she had for me. It was baby blue, my favorite color when I was 15, but I decided not to tell her my favorite color had since changed. I appreciated her efforts.

"What did your parents say about moving in?" She asked.

I sat next to her and smiled, recalling the surprisingly decent conversation we had before I left.

"They were kind of excited about it, actually," I told her, watching her face puzzle in confusion.

"They said it might be good for me to move out and get some responsibility." I finished.

Piper got up and looked at me, leaning against the white closet door and folding her arms. "Speaking of responsibility, you're going to need to get a job." She told me, looking uncomfortable as she spoke. "I just can't pay for us both living here by myself, you know?"

I laughed lightly and nodded at her. I could tell she felt bad giving me orders. "I figured." I told her.

She nodded awkwardly and began to walk out the door.

I examined all the boxes that filled up each corner of my room.

"I have a special treat for you." She told me, smirking lightly at me. "I made a friend." She added.

Piper was a very friendly person, so the idea of her making a new friend was nothing out of the ordinary.

"You ever heard of The Red Hot Chili Peppers?" She said, a sense of pride in her voice. I raised my eyebrow.

"Who hasn't?" I replied, confused on where she was going with this.

She came over and sat by me, a smile stretching across her lips the entire time.

"So, my older brother, Connor, works at Johnny Depp's bar, right? You know, The Viper Room?"

She began, and I nodded.

"They let me in last week even though I was underaged. I mean, it's only because Connor works as security, but that's beyond the point. I got lost looking for him while I was there and I bumped into a member of The Red Hot Chili Peppers. You ever heard of him? His name is Flea." She asked me.

I was familiar with their music but never paid attention to them on personal levels. I shook my head at her and she continued on.

"We became friends because I broke one of his guitar strings, and we've been talking ever since." She told me proudly.

I laughed at her very unbelievable story and clapped my hands mockingly.

"Good job." I told her.

She laughed and hit my leg. "Yeah, laugh all you want, whatever." She said, getting up and beginning to walk out of the room.

"My treat is: we're going tonight. So I hope you have something to wear." She winked at me, closing my door behind her before I could get in a word.

My stomach turned slowly. Partying was not my scene. I had drank a few times before, but It was always with small groups of friends. And I was sure a celebrity owned bar on Sunset Boulevard would not be a quiet ordeal.

After 3+ hours of unpacking, I finally decided to step out of my halfway finished room.

Piper laid on the couch, a bag of sour cream and onion chips pressed against her chest.

On the TV was her favorite movie, Stand By Me. I laughed and sat next to her, watching as the boys ran across the train tracks.

"I love this part, even though I've seen it a million times." I told her. She sat up and smirked at me, setting her bag of chips on the table behind us.

"Tell me your favorite character." She demanded, and I didn't even have to think twice.

"Chris." I said.

She laughed.

"He's just a really cool character, I don't know." I told her.

She paused the TV and grabbed both of my shoulders, smiling.

"I was hoping you would say that, because guess who's going to be there tonight?" She asked me, raising her eyebrows repetitively. I laughed and shrugged at her, and then she answered.

"River. Fucking. Phoenix."

~~~

The next part should be up later tonight or early tomorrow morning! Again, I'm sorry for pausing my old story at such an inconvenient time. I promise this one will be better!