Welcome To The Jungle

The next few days were spent with the Phoenix's.

River and I didn't get much time alone due to his family's visit, but I didn't mind. I knew how much he enjoyed having them around.

Flea and Piper spent a lot of their time together partying and such. Last I'd heard, they finally went back to the Viper.

As much as I hated to admit it, I missed the freedom I had when we would spend time as the four of us.

Not that I didn't love River's family, but I knew they were watching his actions. They didn't want his choices to effect him or his career.

I did make a mental note to watch him though, and make sure he didn't get himself into anything stupid.

Truthfully, I wondered whether or not it was too late.

-

The day finally came when it was time to say goodbye to the Phoenix's.

All of us, including Flea, Piper, and Keanu gathered with them at the airport. After lots of hugs, kisses, and tears, we watched them as they headed to their flight.

An instant shift in mood was noticeable in River, like he had just went back to his old ways.

Happily he came to me and embraced me, kissing my forehead repeatedly.

"Well, that was nice, wasn't it?" He asked.

"The most." Keanu answered.

When we finally got to the car, River drove us home, the back seats occupying Flea, Keanu, and Piper.

"I can't believe you gave shotgun to Carmen, man. I thought what we had was special." Keanu complained jokingly.

"I guess he just likes me more than you." I defended.

River laughed and glanced back at Keanu, teasingly.

"Turn on some jams, dude. Let's party tonight!" Flea yelled.

I reached for the radio and turned up the volume. No surprise, Welcome To The Jungle by Guns And Roses.

We all shared in laughter as Flea screamed every word, hitting every beat perfectly.

Driving into the night, we all joined in.

-

"What's the plan for tonight?" River asked, not taking his eyes off the road.

"I want to party." Piper said.

"Not surprised." I teased back.

We shared small laughs as Keanu spoke up.

"I never thought I'd say this but, so do I," he started. "Filming starts soon anyways! Let's enjoy this." He insisted.

"Right on, man!" Flea yelled.

"Viper?" I asked.

-

After getting dropped off at home, Piper and I charged upstairs.