Home to The Viper

It was later that night we headed back home, though River's serious fear of flying caused problems and ended us up on the first train we could catch. Not to my surprise, the ride from Florida to Hollywood was nothing short.

We were in store for a 54 hour train ride.

For the next 2 days, I was strung to the arms of River and Flea; along with Piper. Multiple stops were made within the 2 day travel, but it seemed to take forever.

Despite my obviously growing love for River, passionate friendship with Flea, and old love for Piper, it felt as if a break from them all was well needed. Even River.

- Hollywood -

Excitement bursted from my chest when the train finally stopped in Hollywood. Crowds of people flooded the doorway, hobbling onto the streets and giving me the same claustrophobic feeling I missed so dearly.

"River Phoenix!" We heard a reporter yell in the distance.

"And Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers!" They yelled again.

I couldn't help but glance at River and Flea, who's faces both remained unamused. I could almost feel the intense sickness radiating off of River; like the last thing he wanted was any attention. It made me feel sick as well.

Through the crowds of people, the bright flashes were not hard to miss. It seemed with every step River and Flea took, it was two more pictures taken. Piper and I followed them quietly though, staying a few feet behind in hopes that we wouldn't get spotted with them.

After what seemed like a million and one pictures, River finally stopped. We watched in confusion as he set down his bags and turned to the camera, smiling fake to them. A type of fake smile that no one who didn't know him could recognize.

"What a nice day it is, don't you think?" He asked the reporter.

The man's face spread a small smile as he answered and put down the camera, fully engaging in conversation.

"Very nice indeed. I saw you getting off the train from Florida, are you shooting there?" He wondered.

It was at that second that Flea noticed River had stopped walking behind him. Flea turned and shot River a confused look, but soon smirked and joined in the conversation.

"Actually, Rio and I went on a date." Flea stated as seriously as he could.

River's acting skills seemed to shine as he played along perfectly.

"Our feelings for each other are very exclusive," River added. "Say, could you keep our little secret for us?" He wondered innocently.

"What the hell are they doing?" Piper asked behind me, a sense of amusement in her voice.  I laughed before answering.

"I don't know, but it's kind of funny, isn't it?" I replied.

I heard her small laugh behind me as we turned our attention back to the scene unfolding ahead.

The reporter looked confused, but soon nodded and walked off. River and Flea watched him hobble off until he was far enough away for them to burst into laughter.

I watched as River threw his arms around Flea, planting a big kiss on his cheek in laughter. Flea laughed and scrunched up River's hair; and it was at that moment I noticed what a true friendship they had. They really loved each other.

"What the hell was that?" Piper asked, laughing and running to them. I walked behind her and shook my head, smiling.

"Sometimes you have to play games with them." River said, a small smirk arising on his face.

Made sense, I thought. If anyone can get away with being a sneaky asshole to the reporters, it's River. I mean really, with his golden ego and innocent face, you wouldn't expect him to do what he did. It was quite funny actually. He was funny.

"Say, why don't you two head home and we can meet later. I'd hate for more paparazzi to come around and start putting you on their magazine covers." River said.

"How about we celebrate this arrival the right way." Flea suggested, and we all knew exactly what he was talking about.

The Viper.