Good Attitudes

After 10 minutes of convincing Piper finally got me out of the apartment.

I slung my light blue jacket around me as we headed down the street past The Viper Room and to our apartment. Once we got to the door, we stopped. Piper itched her head and looked around, nervously.

"Should we even go home?" She wondered.

I could tell her outgoing personality was beginning to take over, as my laid back personality set in.

"I guess we don't have too." I told her, shoving my hands deeper into my coat pockets.

The air felt crisp as she smiled to me and felt into her pocket, pulling out some cash.

"You want to go get something to eat?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I might go look for a job." I told her, avoiding her invite.

It wasn't that I didn't like Piper; that wasn't it. Truthfully, I'm not sure what it was that was drawing me away from her.  I loved her, but my overwhelming desire to be alone grew by the second.

Once we went our separate ways, I headed aimlessly down the street, making sure to go in the opposite direction.

The air was beginning to feel warmer as I took what seemed like the 50th turn.

It only took me seconds to realize the truth; I was lost.

I'm not completely sure why venturing off on my own seemed like a good idea. At the time, I was restless to be alone.

And now I was more alone than ever.

I removed my jacket from my shoulders and decided to carry in instead. I examined the streets, but nothing was familiar to me. I began to retrace my steps until I was interrupted by Flea's voice.

"What the hell are you doing over here, Carmen?" He yelled.

I turned to see him walking down the street with a guitar in his hand. He was accompanied by 3 other men.

Flea wrapped his arm around my shoulder and laughed, pointing at the guys.

"This is Chad, John, and Anthony." He told me.

"Carmen." I replied, introducing myself. They nodded as I shook their hands.

"A friend of Flea's, I suppose?" The man who was introduced as Anthony asked.  I nodded, as did Flea.

"So why are you so far from town?" He asked.

"I was trying to get away from Piper." I said honestly. The guys laughed, especially Flea.

"She's something else, I'll tell ya. Well hey, if you aren't doing anything else, why don't you hang out for a bit?" He offered.

My desire to be alone lessened as he asked. Flea was someone I enjoyed spending time with.

"Let's do it." I responded.

By the time 7 came around, Flea offered to take me home.

Happily, I accepted his offer.

We had spent the past 4 hours walking around town, occasionally buying guitar picks and drumsticks for the guys. They seemed more like family than friends to me. Once we arrived to my apartment, we stopped.

"Thank you," I told him. "I had fun, you're friends are great."

"Our friends." He corrected, patting my shoulder. "We're always around if you ever get bored."

I nodded gratefully at him and began to enter Piper and I's place until he spoke up.

"Hey, I'm having the guys over tonight again, and River is coming too. You and Piper are more than welcome to come." He offered.

My stomach turned when he mentioned River, but I kept that to myself.

"You know what? That sounds fun. Anything I should bring?" I asked him.

He thought about it and shook his head.

"Just good attitudes." He smiled.