Confessions on the Last Day

It was only fair to spend one last day together with Piper; one final day of doing all the things we wished we would have done earlier.

It was sad but exciting to think I would be saying goodbye to her, but I knew she understood.

At least, I'd hoped so.

To end our last night, we did the most simple thing that anyone could do.

Dinner.

It was at a restaurant that laid on Larabee, only a few blocks away from the Viper Room.

We insisted that we wouldn't be visiting there tonight, for more reasons than one.

And although it was sad to say goodbye to the place that my life was born, the place where I met River, it had also been laced with chains of bad experiences and long nights.

It seemed clear to me now that the Viper Room was the meeting point for all of the commotion.

The meeting point for all of the nightmares.

-

After dinner we headed to Piper and I's shared apartment to meet with the boys.

Flea and Piper occupied a chair together; her sitting on his lap and tossing her arms around his neck.

I had never really noticed how they looked together; in a way, they were a strange looking couple.

Flea was small and loud; bursting with energy and had piercing blonde hair. Piper was slightly taller, and her red hair captured the attention of anyone.

As individuals, they looked intriguing.

Together, even more so.

River and I shared the couch; I extended my legs over his lap so that I could lay comfortably across him.

For hours, we discussed all of our memories.

"I'll never forget the first night we all spent together," Flea started. "When we all stayed at the apartment and made River and Carmen sleep on the couch."

"Fuck that." I laugh, slouching back.

"I thought you enjoyed that!" River yells.

"You, yes. The couch, not so much."

"Hey, don't hate the couch. It's a nice couch." River defends, still laughing.

"It's a horrible couch." Flea interrupts.

We all share a laugh as I turn my attention to Piper; her face seems bitter, like she's hiding something.

I decide not to bring it up in front of the boys though.

River looks at me and smiles, reminiscing on an old thought.

"I'll never forget when I first saw you." He starts, and it catches everyone's attention. "When we were all outside of the club and I was trying to rush in; I still had my long hair so I could hide myself in it."

"I didn't even see your face barely." I say.

"I know, and I didn't see yours either. But then we got inside and I saw you and I knew I had
to talk to you. Flea was practically pushing me in your direction because I was so scared." He admits.