Full House

Today was the last day I would get to spend alongside River. After tonight, he would head back to Idaho with Flea and Keanu to finish the film.

As much as I was dreading saying goodbye to him, I tried to remain optimistic as I helped Piper to tidy Flea and River's apartment.

Tonight, they would be having guests over. Most of them worked alongside them on the film, but few were strangers.

"It's for research," River would always say.

-

We had just finished cleaning when the first knock was heard at the door. Wearing only a red flannel and white bath towel, River answered.

Two men walked in wearing ripped t-shirts and jeans, both carrying cases of beer. They didn't seem to be the least bit taken off by River's half-naked self.

"This is Scott and Gus." River introduced.

The man, Gus, shook my hand and smiled to me.

"Your boyfriend is a pain in the ass sometimes," he started, jokingly. "But we deal with it, don't we?" He questioned.

"I guess we do." I replied, sending a warm smile towards Scott.

"Well let's get started then." River suggested as he lead them into a spare room with nothing but a fireplace and two chairs.

Instead of following them inside, I remained with Piper in the living room.

For a while, we indulged ourselves in television, most of which we didn't bother to really watch.

While starring at the screen, another knock sounded at the door.

Piper opened the door, revealing two skinny men. They were both pale and looked about in their 20's.

We could tell by the fidgeting of their hands and distorted faces that they were heavy drug users.

Feeling slight discomfort, we let them in.

"Is River here?" The black haired boy questioned as he sparked a cigarette.

The other boy looked around the room nervously.

"Yeah," I said. "You can just follow me."

I began leading them to the spare room as Piper sent me a look of confusion. We were both thinking the same thing, I'm sure.

Upon entering the spare room, I heard River's voice. I could tell by the context they were talking about the movie.

"Your friends are here." I said to River, capturing his attention.

He smiled calmly to them and allowed them to occupy his seat. One of them winked to me as they sat, causing River to glare uncomfortably.

Without hesitation I exited the room, only to see Piper opening the door for a few other men.

One of them fiddled with a small bag in their pocket as they followed River's voice throughout the house.

-

As the night continued, more and more people flooded through the door until Piper finally refused to open it.

Cracking the door open slightly, she spoke through it.

"Hold on a second." She said to the people waiting outside. Then, she turned to me.