Halloween, 1991

-Time Gap-

For the last two weeks, River had been working in full force to finish Dogfight.

The film was set in San Francisco, so he wasn't too far away.

At the same time, we decided that the best thing for both of us was to not keep in touch; allowing him to focus on the movie and I on myself.

As much as I hated to admit it, we all needed our space.

We have each accomplished so much in the short time that we have been apart.

For example; River has almost finished his movie, Flea and the Chili Peppers are releasing their next album, 'Blood Sugar Sex Magik', and I have taken up Connor's offer on working at the Viper Room.

It was quite simple, really. All you had to do was walk amongst the club goers and assist them if they came to you, which was rarely ever.

To make a long story short, I was being paid good money to attend daily parties.

Today was different, though.

Today was Halloween, and knowing the Viper Room guests, it would be nothing short of eventful.

-

Halloween, 1991.

-

Wearing a black dress with a white collar, nylon tights, and two braids, I walk to the Viper Room.

My costume is intense; Wednesday Addams.

The time is 10:00, though in the hectic streets it feels more like daytime.

Hollywood won't sleep tonight, and I know it. I can tell by the way people parade in the streets and stumble around aimlessly.

I've never seen people so restless.

To avoid the long line that surrounds the club entrance, I head for the back door.

Upon entering, I notice Flea standing in the back alongside the rest of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

He notices me and runs to me with arms open.

"My God, it's you! In the flesh!" He yells, wrapping me up tightly. "Gosh, I missed you! Have you heard from River?"

"No, we agreed to take some time apart. Have you?" I wonder.

He shakes his head.

"Iris said the movie will wrap up early." He tells me, fiddling with his guitar strings.

I nod at him and watch as the rest of the Peppers begin to head to the stage; they will be preforming songs off of their album for the first time tonight.

"That's my cue," Flea says, gathering his things. "Hey, is Piper coming?"

"She said she'd come out later." I inform him.

He nods and sends me a wave as he hurries to the stage.

I yell 'good luck', but he doesn't hear me.