Maybe Someday

Unfortunately, the next 2 weeks went by the exact same.

Neither Piper nor I heard from Flea or River for what seemed like an eternity. On the other hand, we never reached out to them; we figured they were busy.

We heard from Rain though. She informed us that River was in Tacoma, Washington, where the movie was filming.

After a short month, they were finally reaching the end of the movie.

Today, River was coming home.

-

When it finally reached 6 o'clock, Piper and I headed down to the vegan diner that River had informed us to meet him at.

Nerves shocked through my veins as the reality set in that I would soon be with River again.

We hadn't talked for a month, and last I knew something was forming between us. Needless to say, I was interested in where it would go.

We sat in the booth in the far corner of the diner, completely isolated from everyone else.

It seemed like hours that went by until River's blonde hair reflected light in my face; he was here.

His smile was soft and his clothes were baggy and patterned. He wore sandals and a big, colorful poncho.

I laughed at his silly attire.

"Looks good on you." I joked once he came close enough.

River smiled and kissed my forehead, sitting across from us. A sense of protection washed over me.

"It was the only clean outfit on my floor, alright?" He laughed, putting his menu to the side.

"I already know what I want. I've been thinking about it all day." He said, a smile forming on his lips.

Our eyes connected in a moment of seduction, but Piper's questions broke all forms of interest.

"How was filming?" Piper asked, flipping through her menu.

"It was grand. The cast was very polite, yeah." He answered.

"Have you heard from Flea?" She asked.

Not surprised she brought him up; she has been hiding her Flea withdrawal from me as best she can.

"You know, actually I did. He's been working real hard; said he never really has time to come around much. It sucks and I miss him. I know the Peppers have been working his ass off." He replied with sadness seeping from his voice.

Piper nodded, trying to be understanding. But her head soon dropped towards the menu as she tried to refocus on her meal.

It was silent for a moment until I spoke up.

"It's nice to have you back." I said to River, trying to contain the redness in my cheeks.

"Lovely to be back with you." He answered softly, winking to me when Piper wasn't looking.

Or so I thought.

"Just get married already." Piper joked, visibly nudging my shoulder.

"Someday." River answered, turning his attention to the waitress who walked to us with pride.

-

The meal was decent, I mean, as decent as a vegan meal can get.

After eating, we stood outside the diner and contemplated fun ideas.

"What should we do?" Piper asked eagerly.

River stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked around, squinting. The streets were slightly foggy and dull, and the air was a little colder than usual.

"It's kind of shitty out." River stated.

"How about we just watch movies or something?" Piper asked.

"Yeah, and we can try to invite Flea. He has to have like, a few hours free right?" I asked.

River shook his head and looked down.

"I'm not sure. I mean, we can try." He said in an attempt to be optimistic.

Piper clapped her hands together and began sprinting down the street towards the apartment.

"Time to see my baby!" She yelled, smiling to us as she continued to run.

I laughed and turned to River, who slung his arms around me in a bear hug.

"At least I already have mine." He told me.