Image

With Piper on my arm, she helps to escort me out of the club.

I can't help but flinch in pain with every step we take; likely from the impact of the fall.

Glancing down my leg I see a noticeably large piece of glass sticking out of it.

"Ah shit." I say as I lean up against the wall and examine it.

Piper looks down and cringes.

"That's gross." She says. "Do you need help?"

"I got it," I insist. "Go check on River, okay?"

She sends me a pleading look and nods, heading out of the club.

As I kneel down to get a better look, a hand lays on my shoulder and a man squats in front of me.

"Hey, I got it." He says, and as I look up to meet his face, it's Corey.

My eyes won't leave him as his hand gently caresses the back of my leg.

Putting two fingers on the glass, he grips it.

"Is this okay?" He asks, and I'm assuming he's going to pull out the glass.

"Yeah." I tell him.

He looks up at me for a brief second before pulling it out.

I wince in pain as I watch a decent amount of blood pour from the wound.

As I clench my teeth together, he informs a worker to get something for me.

A minute later, he wraps my leg in gauze.

I stand up straight and examine my leg.

"Thanks." I tell him, slightly awkward but appreciative.

"No problem," he says, reaching under my arm to help me stand up right. "That was a pretty nasty fall you took."

I glanced to the spot that River had once fought at; workers and other club-goers help to collect pieces of broken glass.

"It's alright." I assure him. "I better be going."

He looks at me and nods understandingly.

"I'll see you around." He says before heading off into the crowd.

-

There is no time to waste as I exit the club, trying to ignore the pain of my wound.

Outside I see River and three brown haired men sitting up against the wall.

Keanu and Flea hover over River, scolding him.

"No more of this shit," Keanu states. "No more. I love you, man. But no more."

Slowly I approach them and kneel in front of River.

He looks at me, slightly angry, and sighs.

"Hey," I start. "What was that all about?"

He shakes his head and looks to the men besides him.

"We were researching for the role." One of them says, narrowing his eyes at me.