The Arrival

We wasted no time in packing our things, and headed to the airport the next day. Piper and I sat in the row behind Flea, anxiously awaiting our take off.

"Are you ready?" She asked me. I adjusted myself in my seat and took a deep breath.

"As ready as a person can be." I answered, smiling uneasily at her.

"This will be awesome, Carmen. You, me, Flea, and River; all hidden away from Hollywood and their fame. It's like four regular friends just hanging out." She told me, nudging my shoulder and glancing at Flea.

"I'm trying not to get my hopes up." I told her honestly. "I just don't want to get all excited, and have something go wrong."

"What could go wrong?" She wondered aloud.

When I thought about it, really anything.

I don't remember falling asleep, but I do remember waking up.

My eyes felt extremely light and my head felt much more clear than it had an hour ago; I must have slept the whole trip.

We found our luggage and met Flea in the airport; he ruffled up his hair when he saw us.

"Wow Carmen, sleep well?" He asked, laughing at my still sleepy face.

"Hey, I was trying to pass the time, okay?" I said jokingly to him. He shook his head and began walking; Piper and I following behind.

"Don't blame you a bit, C. Don't blame you a bit." Flea repeated.

After a few minutes of aimless walking, Piper spoke up.

"Do you even know where we're going?" She asked.

"Hell yeah! River's sister should be here any second to get us." He answered.

River's sister? I didn't know he had a sister, or any siblings, in fact. I really didn't know much about him. It made me anxious for the visit.

When a red truck pulled up, it was our cue to head out. A short girl with dark curly hair stepped out and smiled, waving to Flea.

We all headed over.

As I got closer, I noticed her lack of resemblance to River. I saw minor similarities, but nothing that really stood out.

If It wasn't for Flea, I never would have guessed.

"Cool seeing you again, it's been a long time." She stated. Flea nodded and embraced her, then began throwing our luggage in the back.

"I'm Rain," She introduced as she turned to Piper and I. Piper introduced herself and shook her hand, then she turned to me.

"I'm Carmen." I smiled to her. I tried to seem as polite as possible. Rain smiled and reached for my hand.

"River's girl, right?" She wondered. I was taken back by her comment but nodded.

"I guess so." I said unsure.

I watched as Rain laughed and smiled assuringly at me.

"He's said a lot about you, Carmen." She told me. I was about to speak again before Flea came over.

"Can we get going?" He wondered.

Rain nodded and we followed them into the car, where Piper raised her eyebrows and smirked at me. She leaned into my ear after we hopped into the back seats.

"Like I said, what can go wrong?"

~~~~
I'm sorry this is so short I just wanted to update!