Give It Away

When March finally rolls around, the Chili Peppers head back to Hollywood.

I can't tell who's more excited between Piper and I, as she frantically pins her hair back behind her ear in attempts to impress Flea.

Though I've told her multiple times that he was sold, that there was no way he would ever not be wooed by her, she still made it her mission to one-up the look she had the day before.

It was always something with her, but I loved it.

Meanwhile Anthony Kiedis, the lead vocalist for the Chili Peppers and one of Flea's most loyal partners in crime, took it upon himself to invite us to their performance.

For the last few months, they had been restless to head start their next album entitled One Hot Minute, although they didn't plan on releasing it for the next three years.

"It's never to early to start." Flea always said.

-

At 10 o'clock on March 16th, Piper and I finally arrived at a club that contained a line of people longer than I'd ever seen.

I could guess that news of the Chili Pepper's return to Hollywood was all the commotion.

Piper, always eager to see her man, rushes in front of me to the bouncer.

"We're on the list." She says, slightly cocky.

The man gives her a strange look.

"Names would be nice." He says.

"Piper Jefferson and Carmen Cas-," She starts, but the man allows us inside before she can finish my name.

"Thanks." I mumble to him as I push past to follow Piper.

Walking into a club that isn't the Viper Room is a strange feeling, mainly because the walls aren't black and the atmosphere doesn't feel sticky.

Here, it feels better.

Safer, in a way, like I don't have to worry about whether or not I'll be coming home at the end of the night.

"I'm going to find them!" Piper yells, but my eyes lock with Flea's as I notice he's on stage.

"He's performing." I say. "Look."

She follows my pointed finger until she sees him, sending a big smile his way.

"Oh my gosh." She groans, turning back to me. "He's so fucking cute. Look!"

I laugh.

"I am looking!" I say.

She sends me a sarcastic growl.

"Well, stop looking! He's mine!" She jokes.

"Damn," I say as I lift my hands in defense. "Mood swings, much?"

She smiles at me and nods her head.

"I'm a gemini, what do you expect?"

I roll my eyes at her.

"None of that astrology stuff, okay? I'm going to see who's here." I tell her.