A Night In

"So, would you rather have feet for hands, or hands for feet?" Hanna questions as she pours a drink.

"Hands for feet, obviously." I answer.

She looks at me and shakes her head, handing off the shot glass to a man at the bar.

"No way!" She yells over the loud music. "If you had hands for feet, you'd basically be a monkey."

I laugh and prop myself up on the bar, glancing around the filled room.

"Okay, but why would you want more feet than you need? That's gross." I yell back.

She laughs and shakes her head again.

"Why don't you get back to work, hm?" She jokes to me.

I send her a slight smirk as I hop off of the counter and make my way into the crowd.

It's Friday night, which means that anyone who wants to let loose for the weekend will be found here.

With that being said, the club is packed.

By the time 9 o'clock hits, I hear Flea's loud voice carrying through the club.

"Carmen!" He screams. "Hey, hey!"

I whip my head around to see him standing behind me, breathless.

He must have ran here because he wasn't here earlier.

"River's home!" He screams.

"What? No way." I answer.

He grabs my hand and begins to drag me out of the club but I refuse.

"I'm at work," I explain. "I can't just leave."

He rolls his eyes and continues to pull me towards the door.

Once we finally reach the outside, Flea turns to Richard, a bouncer.

"She's off the clock!" He screams.

-

I chase Flea down the street and to the apartment.

I feel bad for running out on the job, though at the same time, I couldn't care less.

River was back.

Flea and I bust through the door to the living room once we arrive.

Behind it, River sits with Keanu wearing plaid pajama pants and yellow sweater with a rip in the sleeve.

He jumps at the sound of the door barging open, and smiles when he realizes it's us.

"Well, look who we have here." He says happily, standing to approach us.

I sprint to him and jump into his already opened arms; we crash into each other but I don't even pay attention to the slight pain it causes.

"Thank God." I say.

He laughs and places a hand on the back of my neck.