Chapter 19

So today I'm going to a dinner with Nate and his parents. I'm kind of nervous, not sure why. Oh yeah, what if they don't like me. Dang these butterflies won't go away. I'm hella nervous. Nate said he thinks they will like me because. He said I'm a smart, gorgeous, young lady. He sounded like my mom, she always says stuff like that to me when I'm feeling down. It can't be that bad, right?
All these emotions running through my head I forgot about the time. I check the clock and read 6:30. One more hour. I decide to get ready. I pink on my pink dress and pink heels. I had painted my nails last night so that I wouldn't have to do that before I left. I braided a small part of my hair, stuck it to the back, and added a small pink bow. I love the color pink, but so does Nate's mom so that's good.

It's 30 minutes before I have to go so I put on my jewelry. I grab my purse and pull out my phone so I can text Nate. He said he was going to meet me there. Taylor was visiting so I went downstairs to ask him a question.
"Hey Tay." I said walking up to him.
"He... wow you look amazing." he said looking up and down.
"Thanks, hey can I use your car. I need to drive to the restaurant where I'm meeting Nate and his parents."
"Sure, but when you come back there better not be one scratch on my baby." He said handing me the keys to his Lamborghini.
"Thanks. And don't worry I won't scratch your baby." I said laughing and hugging Taylor.
"Okay have fun, and be careful." He said hugging back.
"Make sure you tell Sam I won't be that long." I said walking out.
"Alright sounds good." Taylor said as I shut the door.
Alrighty, let's do this.
-

I arrive at the restaurant and park next to Nate's car. Everything will be fine.
I walk in and look around for Nate. I finally found him a dim guessing his parents. The butterflies got more stronger and I was second guessing about this. Right when I was about to turn around Nate had saw me.

He got up and started walking my way.
"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked.
"Um, nothing it's just, I have to use the restroom real quick." I said looking up at Nate.
"Okay go ahead, we'll wait."
"Do you know where it is?" I asked not knowing around this restaurant.
"Yeah right this way." He said grabbing my hand and leading me to the restroom.
I thanked him then ran into the restroom. I fixed my hair and make-up a little bit more because it had messed up a little bit.

A few minutes later I walked out and made my way to the table, butterflies a little more settle, but not all away.
I sat down next to Nate and he introduced me to his parents.
"Mom this is Olivia. Olivia this is my mom. Kami." He said as his mom held out her hand.
"Nice to meet you." I said shaking her hand and smiling.
"And this is my dad, Monte." He said as his dad held out his hand as well.
"Nice to meet you." I said shaking his hand and smiling, again.
"So, Olivia, how long have you and Nathan been dating?" Kami asked.
"About 3 months." I said looking at Nate then back to Kami.
"Nate has been telling us about how much he adores you and how good of a girlfriend you are. Is that true?" Monte asked.
"Well yes, he's actually changed who I am as a person. I have to show him how much that means to me, and how much he means to me." I said smiling and looking down at my hands on my lap. Nate grabs my hand and squeezes it.
"What do you mean changed who are as a person?" Kami asked.
"Well, before I met him and my family, I was horrible. Doing all sorts of trouble, always getting expelled when I would go to a new school. It was bad. But when I came here and met all of the wonderful people I have now, it made me realize that there's no need to be trouble and it extremely unnecessary. So I'm focusing on a career and I want to go to school soon. And Nate and my family, is here for me, every step of the way. " I said looking at Kami and Monte.
"Wow, I'm glad to hear your changing for the better, both of you." Kami said smiling.
-

Our food arrived and we started to eat. While we were eating we were making small talk. I'm glad they like me, they're inviting me over to dinner at their house on Saturday. Nate said I would meet his little brother, Stew.
-

We finished eating at paid for the bill. We all got up and walked outside.
"Well Olivia it was nice to meet you, I hope to see you and Nate Saturday." She said hugging me.
"We will try our best to be there." I said hugging back. Then me and Monte hugged, then Nate and his parents hugged. His parents walked to their car and Nate turned around facing me.
"I'll meet you at the apartment baby." He said kissing my forehead.
"Okay be careful." I said.
"Okay you too." Nate said walking to his car.
I walked to Taylor's car and put the keys in the ignition. I started the vehicle then drived off. I drove into the drive way and noticed Nate wasn't here yet. I called him getting worried but he didn't answer. I called around 5 times but no answer. I went inside thinking he maybe dropped his phone between the seats or had his phone on silent.
"Hey Liv." Taylor said.
"Hey Tay." I said as he got up and hugged me, I hugged back.
"Hey you look worried, what's up?" He said sitting down and patting the seat next to him.
"Nate isn't here yet and he doesn't pick up his phone." I said sitting down next to Taylor.
"Nate will be fine, maybe he just stopped somewhere or took the long way home." Taylor said.

Authors Note

I don't feel like editing the outfit pictures so I'm just going to put them how I did here if tall don't mind. And this chapter is long because I got caught up in typing lol I'm going to continue right now cause yeah. Thanks for reading. 💜