Chapter 21

The nurse finally came into the room to unhook Nate.
Once they were done they gave him his prescription and told him he could leave when he's ready.
We walked out of the room and exited the building.
"So what happened?" Taylor asked Nate.
"Yeah, I was really worried." I said locking me and Nate's hands together.
"Let's go somewhere to eat, and I'll tell you guys while we're waiting for our food." Nate said looking at his phone.

We ended up going to some burger place.
We were sitting down and ordered our drinks.
"Okay so here's what happened. I was driving to a jewelry store so I could get you something nice. I was driving and a truck passed the red light, I didn't have time to stop and it ran straight into me. When it hit it had hit my side causing the car to spin lots of times. After that I guess I blacked out cause I don't remember nothing else after that. It could have been worse though, so I'm lucky." Nate said.
"Nate that's still bad, do they know who ran into you?" I asked.
"Not that I know of, they said that they're gonna look to the footage to see if they can get the license plate number. I'm for sure gonna sue them when I find out." Nate said.
"Well I'm glad your okay." I said.
"Same bro. Now let's order I'm hungry." Taylor said.
-

The Next Day

"Babe I don't feel well." I tell Nate and he feels me head.
"Damn your warm." He said.
"Let's take you to the doctor."
"No I'm fine, all I need is some medicine." I say shaking my head.
"Are you sure? I can take you to the doctor."
"Yes, I'm fine. But can we go to the store so I can get medicine?" I ask.
"Okay."
I tell Sam where we're going then head out to the car. We drive to a drug store and go inside.
"Excuse me do you know what's best for a fever?" I ask the lady standing near the medicine.
"Of course. Follow me." She says.
She hands me a medicine and I look at it. She gave me the liquid and some pills.
"You don't need the liquid but it will go away faster with both." She says.
"Okay thank you." I say smiling.
"Your welcome. If you need anything else my name is Ashley."
"Okay."
I walk to the front and pay for the medicine then walk back to the car.
"Got it?" Nate asks.
"Yes." I say making a sad face.
"What?" He asks.
"It's grape flavored."
"But it'll make you feel better baby." He says.
-

Nate's POV

We ended the day cuddling and watching Netflix, the usual. I was making snapchat videos of me and her. Damn she's cute. She'd do ones where she's hiding her face into my arm, or sometimes her licking my check a little.
(Like Yulema & her boyfriend if you think it's weird, it's cute okay idk that's my opinion.)
I got thousands of views and snapchats. I decided to open a few. A lot of people said we were cute and we were relationship goals.
I haven't felt this happy in a long time. She's changed me, for the good.
Liv got up and ran to the restroom. I got up and went over to her. She was throwing up so I held her hair up.
"It's alright baby girl." I said.
When she was done she brushed her teeth. I went back to the couch and waited for her to come out. After about 3 minutes she came back out crying.
"What's wrong lil mama?" I asked.
"I haven't felt this bad in a long time." She said crying into me.
She was leaning on me and I was playing with her hair until she fell asleep. I slowly picked her up and laid her town on her bed.
I walked downstairs and Sam was watching Tv.
"Hey bro your sisters sick." I said sitting down next to him.
"Aw man is she okay?" He asked.
"She said she hasn't felt that bad in a long time, she's sleeping right now."
"What do you think made her sick?"
"I don't know... Wait maybe it was food poisoning." I said with a pause in-between finally realizing why she might be so sick.
"Where did you guys eat?" He asked.
"Some burger place downtown."
"Has she took medicine yet?"
"Yeah she took it when we got back."
"Well do you think you can look after her for a little bit? I'm gonna go to my moms house for a while, she needs me to do something around the house. I'll tell her to come over."
"Sounds good."
I go back upstairs to Olivia's room. I take off my shirt and lay down next to her.
She turns facing me, hugs me and puts her leg on top of my leg. That's her favorite position to go to sleep in. I play with her hair then I eventually fall asleep.

I wake up to the door bell. Hoping it was Olivia's mom I walk downstairs and open the door. It was a guy.
"Um who are you?" I ask.
"I'm Bryden, I heard Olivia was sick so I found out where she was and came to see if she was alright." He says.
"Well Bryden. I don't know you, and I don't trust people I don't know around my girl." I say to him.
"Oh, I'm Olivia's ex. She dated for a while, until she moved. I really cared about her, that's why I came to see if she was alright."
"Your her ex?" I ask.
"Yes. Don't worry, I'm not here to get back with her or steal her from you, I'm not like that. Just wanting to know if she is doing well." He says with a smile on his face.
"Well she's sleeping right now so come back tomorrow."
"Okay. See you guys tomorrow then." He says walking back to his car.
I close the door, walk upstairs, then lay back down.
"Hey baby?" I say to Olivia.
"Yes?" She says with her eyes still shut.
"Do you know a Bryden?" I ask.
She immediately opens her eyes and blinks fast a few times.
"Did you say Bryden?" She asks.
"Yes."
"Why what happened." She said kind of fast.
"Is everything okay?" I asked.
"Yes what happened though how do you know him?" She says.
"Well he came over looking for you. He says he is your ex." I say.
She gets up and rubs her face.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"Yes, Bryden is my ex, but you have to promise to keep him away from me." She says looking me in the eyes.
"Is there something that happened between yall?" I asked confused.
We sat in silence for a few seconds then she started talking.
"Me and Bryden dated for a while. Towards the end of our relationship he started to get abusive. Hitting me for no reason or if I messed up on any little thing. He scared me."
Right when I was about to start taking she got a phone call from an unknown number.
She answered it and put it on speaker.
"Hello?" She said.
"Hey gorgeous, miss me?" Said the guy on the phone.
"Bryden." She said.

Authors Note

Sorry for the lack on updates, I'm really busy. To make up for it I put this chapter a little longer. Enjoy, thanks for reading 💜