Part 40

I park somewhere downtown then walk towards the ice cream parlor . I spot Richie and go up behind him and cover his eyes.
"Guess whoooo?" I say smiling, which obviously he can't see.
"Hmm, let me guess, Liv?" He says as I uncover his eyes and he turns around, stands up, then hugs me.
"I thought you were gonna blow me off to be honest, I thought you weren't gonna come." He says.
"No, I wouldn't do that."
"I'm glad you came. Ice cream?" He says moving his hands in a motion towards to door to the parlor.
"Sure, why not." I say as he opens the door for me and I walk inside and he walks behind me.

We order our ice creams the. sit down by a window.
"So, Liv, tell me about yourself." He says taking a bite of his ice cream.
"Well there's not too much about me. I'm sixteen. When I was young me parents were having financial issues so they had to put me up for adoption, I was stuck in the center for years, then I finally got adopted, by my birth mom, but for my brother's birthday. he had been searching for me for years, but could never find me. Then his friends did a lot of research and found me. My brothers and his friends make music and are on tour. I did a couple shows, with my, ex-boyfriend. Ummm, yeah, that's really it." I say and look down sad by the thought of Nate.
"Oh, interesting, who is your brother and what kind of music do they make?" he asked looking really interested in it.
"Sammy Wilkinson, and mostly rap. Ya know, that type."
"That's cool, I'll have to listen to his music." He says smiling and sitting back in his seat.
"You totally should, it isn't that bad."
"Text me the links later."
"Got it." I say smiling then my smile fades away as I look to the back of the room.
"What is it?" Richie says confused.
"Can we go? Please? Out of here?" I say.
"Yeah, let's go. He says getting up then holding his hand out and I grab it then follow him out and we sit at the outside tables.
"What that stay about?" He asks.
"I'm sorry. My ex-boyfriend was in there with the girl he was with when he was cheating on me."
"Oh I'm sorry, I've been through the that before." He says.
"You have?"
"Yeah. I just, don't like talking about it."
"I completely understand. Let's change the topic, now tell me about you."
"Same thing as you, not much. I mean I grew up with my parents, I have a sister named Katie, I'm also sixteen, turning seventeen in June. Nothing interesting."
"That's cool, and I turn seventeen in June too."
"What day?" he looked excited.
"21st."
"Aw man, mines on the 15th."
"Still close." I say and we both laugh a little.

After about 30 minutes of me and Richie talking and laughing we both stand up and Richie slowly leans in for a kiss. I kiss back and it felt amazing, it felt like I've never kissed anyone before, I felt loved.
As we lean back out I smile then look towards the door and see Nate looking at us and Arianna looking elsewhere.
"Oh my fucking Jesus they're over there." I say looking the other way.
Richie holds out his hand as we walk the other direction. We end up at a park bench and talk some more for about an hour.
"It's getting late, I think I should get going." I say as we both stand up. He walks me to my car and opens the driver door for me.
"Thank you for today, I have lots of fun."
"No probables and I did too, I hope we can do this again?" He said more as a question.
"Yes, defiantly." I say smiling.
"I'll call you later." He says as he leans down and kisses me goodbye. He walks to his car as a shut my door.
I really needed today. I needed someone to get Nate off my chest and realize the good in life.