2.

Caden POV

"Baby we've been out all day in the heat. You've been doing entirely too much for my liking so would you please, sit down somewhere." I scolded Mariah. I was growing impatient with her. She knew how bad I wanted her to be pregnant. And here she was not following simple request that even a non pregnant person would follow, like staying hydrated. And eating regularly. She's so damn high maintenance that she only drinking Fiji and Smart water. But unfortunately here in Dubai it was hard to come by so all she was drinking was juice and soda. And she hadn't eaten anything but since we left the house this morning.

"Mariah, please listen to your husband. I'm tired of his nagging." Keri explained walking past them in the living room with a bottle of water.
"Look she's drinking water." I pointed towards Keri who was hallway out of the room by now.
"Well I'm not her, and you know good and well what kind of water I drink." She said. I was growing impatient.
"Let me talk to you in the room Riah." I said leaving the living room and heading towards the room.

" I said leaving the living room and heading towards the room

After a few minutes of being defiant she came.
I closed the door and locked it pointing toward the bed.
"I'm being nice. But my patience is running thin. You know how much it means to me to be able to have this baby. So why won't you cooperate and take care of your body?" I asked pinching the bridge of my nose.
"Caden, baby. I am trying. But you need to meet me halfway. You know what kind of water I drink and don't drink, you know what I eat and don't eat. Shit you know everything there is to know about me Caden. So im confused as to why we're having this conversation." She snapped.
"Lose the attitude. I just want you to take care of your body, I didn't realize that it was a problem." I snapped back.
"And like I've been telling you, I am." She said not looking at me.
"Fuck Mariah!" I yelled growing upset. "How many more miscarriages and failed attempts at getting pregnant do you have to have to realize something has to give!"

I regretted the words as soon as I said them.
I love Mariah with everything I got and that was definitely not something I needed to say to her since she had just miscarried for the second time not too long ago.
"Baby, I'm so--" I started but she pushed past me out of the room.
I sighed before laying back on the bed.
There was a small knock on the door and I got up to unlock it.
It was Micah, Keri, and Cam.
I rolled my eyes already knowing they came to lecture me.

I just went back and took a seat on the bed and placed my head in my hands.
"I'm just ready to be a dad." I admitted lowly.
I heard sniffling and looked up and Keri and Micah was crying.
"Fuck nah. Yall gotta go with all that." I said pointing towards the door. And they left.

Now it was just me and my older cousin.
Even though he was my cousin, I never felt like I could talk to him. Ever since I was a youngin', he always seemed so.. Perfect. Like he never had any problems. Like things never happened to him, yet he was so full of advice.
"So wassup man?" He asked breaking the ice.
"I told you what was up. I want to be a daddy. Something you and these other niggas will never understand, because yall got the opportunity to be." I said feeling a little jealous. He chuckled a little.
"Well Caden, fatherhood ain't all it's cracked out to be man." He started and I just rolled my eyes. "For instance.. Chase, look at him.. He's the only one with a little girl, she needs him more than anyone will ever know. He's the who she counts on to protect her, and kiss her scratches when she falls, and mend her broken heart after some fuck nigga breaks it, a daughter needs her father more than a son ever will. Then there's, Xavier who you should really struggles. You and him are almost one in the same. Yall both are professional athletes. Take a guess at how often he gets to the see his little boy. And there's me, I love Corey.. I do but I'm a father now by force. He don't have nobody else to look after him. And I wouldn't wish me and his situation on anyone because even though I make it look easy, it's the hardest thing ever having to raise my son alone."

I let his words since in. They all made sense but at least they all had the honor of saying they were someone's dad.
"I know but I've known Mariah since I was just a sophomore man. And even then I knew I wanted her to mother my child or children."
"I get it man. But besides the fact that you want her to be the mother of your children, she's still your wife. And you have to consider her feelings right now. She did just have a miscarriage you know. And the second one at that. She's still recovering from that. And as her husband you were expected to understand but instead your pressuring her into getting pregnant with a possibility that it can happen yet again." He said.

I hated to admit that he was right because she was my wife and this was something I should have figured on my own. But my minds is consumed with the thought of having a baby I forgot to take care of my wife in her time of need.

Mariah POV

While Caden was upstairs talking to his cousin, I figured I'd take a pregnancy test

I looked at the results and then slowly made me way up the steps with the test in my back pocket.
When I got to the room Caden was sitting on the bed talking to Cam still.
"I do love her and I don't want her to feel like I'm pressuring her it just means a lot to me." I heard him say.
"Well tell her." Cam said.
He along with Caden stepped out of the room and starred at me, I guess for eavesdropping.
"Come on." Caden said stepping back in the room. I kept my back away from him because I wanted to see what he had to say.

I sat down on the bed.
"Mariah, you know you're everything to me right?" He asked and I simply nodded.
"Okay so I want you to know that whether we can have a baby or not I love you. I love you no matter what. And I've neglected your feelings a lot and I'm sorry." He said sincerely.
"And you said no matter if I can have a baby or not you'll feel this way right?"
"Of course." He assured.

I waited a second and then passed him the pregnancy test.
He looked at me with no specific facial and I returned it.