10.

Two weeks later.
Josaun POV

I love Jaylin. But I've asked her on numerous times if she felt some type of way, so I could make sure she was comfortable. She never voiced her insecurities and that's how we got in that situation in Dubai to begin with. Now it all makes sense. She moved to New York because she's been comparing me to her damn rapist. Four years strong and she never thought to talk to me about this. Shit don't sit right with me.
"Hello?" I answered my ringing phone. It was Jaylin, I've been ignoring her since we left.
"What the hell Josaun? I've called you like a hundred times! Where are you?"
She went back to New York to take care of business at school. But I don't know what her plans were to do after that because we hadn't talked.
"I'm visiting my moms for the weekend." I lied. I was going to Miami. My niggas was having a game and wanted me there. And Xavier asked me to help move Keri's stuff in his house.. FINALLY.
"Fine. I'll talk to you later."
"Yup."
"I love you." I said
I simply just hung up.

I got out the car and knocked on the door

"Hey Josaun." Keri said greeting me with her two year on her hip.
"Wassup." I said stepping into the house.
It ain't look like how it looked usually.
"Where's Xavier?" I asked stepping around the boxes.
"In the bar. It's downstairs in the basement. Not the second room on the left." Keri explained as she disappeared behind the boxes.

I followed her directions until I got in the set of steps and headed down.
"Look, we gone have to figure something out because I'm trying to get married here soon and all this is going to do is get in the way." I heard him say once I came in sight.
"But I gotta go." He said quickly before hanging up on whoever. I chuckled furrowing my eyebrows.
"Mind your business." He said starting the game up. I nodded.

"Man, let me tell you about Jaylin. I'm honestly close to throwing in the towel with her." I confessed. That's right, this has pushed me to my breaking point. All I do in this relationship is try and make it easy on her and she refuses to return the favor.
"Dawg, don't say that. It's plenty times me and Keri have fought and I ain't give up." He explained.
"Yall gotta son." I said lowly.
He shook his head.
"Look I get it. You having problems with your girl. But the shit I tell you in confidentiality, you don't bring back up to me." He snapped.
Maybe it was just the fact that I knew my relationship was falling apart that made me so hostile.
"So it's okay for you to tell me to stick with my girl because you have problems with yours and you made it through. Yet, just a month ago you was telling me you only stay with her because of your son."
"Bruh!" He yelled. "I came to you during me and her darkest hour. Yes, I said some shit I maybe shouldn't have. Jaylin did too. Let it the fuck go and move on!"
"Move on? She called me the name of a man who raped her. I wish I might."
"Well you better do it quick." He said as the doorbell rang upstairs. "Because that's her."

Jaylin POV

I rang the doorbell

I rang the doorbell. And Keri opened the door pulling me into a hug.
We let go and stepped in. She was about to say something when Xavier ran up behind her whispering something in her ear. She rolled her eyes.
"Come on girl." She said pulling me towards the staircase.
"Please baby!" He yelled after us. She ignored him pulling me into I guess their room where Zy'Lan was laying in the bed taking a nap.

 She ignored him pulling me into I guess their room where Zy'Lan was laying in the bed taking a nap

"What made you move in?" I asked plopping down on their bed.
She smirked.
"He gave me some good dick and then asked. How could I say no?" She exclaimed.
"I thought you were going to say something better than that."
"It gets no better honey trust me."
"Yall gone fuck around and have another baby." She began knocking hard on her wood headboard.
"Don't wish that on me." She said once she was finished.
"You don't want more babies?"
"Yeah, after I'm married."
"If I can recall correctly when Xavier asked you the last time if you wanted to marry him you said no and ignored him for two weeks."
"I was nervous Jay. I thought being engaged at least would give me clarity on something's and it didn't. I do want to marry him. But when he ask I don't want to be scared. I want to be sure."
I nodded in understanding.
"So what's up with you and Josaun?"
My eyes to watered but I didn't let tears fall.
"He hasn't talked to me really. I miss him and I want to apologize. He told me he was going to visit his mom this weekend so I didn't get the chance to."
"Jay you're my cousin. So I don't want to have you looking crazy. Josaun is here."

I felt my whole body heat up.
He lied to me. There's no way to go around it. I despise being lied to. I stood up and left the room going into the guest room laying down.
Tears began running down my face.

I laid there for two hours and then the door to the dark room opened.
And in he walked. I chuckled turning my body away from the door.

"You can leave

"You can leave." I said. Until I felt the bed dip in.
"Get out." I said wiping my tears. He turned my over and pulled me into his bare chest.
"I'm sorry I lied. But you lied to me too." He said into my hair
"I had a good reason. You lied just because you didn't want to be near me. And that's just fine." I began to hyperventilate. "Because I don't kiss no ass nor chase after no nigga. So just leave." I cried pushing at his chest.
"Why you pushing me away? Ain't that what got us here? You ain't want to tell me what was on your mind. Even though I asked you on numerous occasions. Don't flip this on me. I lied to you to avoid confrontation."
"We can just be done." I said lowly.

The room was quiet.
"Excuse me, what you said?" He questioned moving his arms from around me.
"I said lets just be done. You do you. And I do me."
"Do me huh?" He chuckled climbing out the bed. "Man whatever." He said leaving out.

As soon as I heard the door shut tears ran down my face harder.