26.

Jaylin POV

Months have passed and Josaun is under a medically induced coma. It killed me at first. Because he's a vegetable. And there's still a chance he won't wake. And all I can think is that, the last thing I told him was I hated him.

I cried about that every single night.

I laid in the hospital bed next to him. Running my hand up and down his stomach.
"I love you." I whispered.
And as I expected nothing. I couldn't help the tears now falling.
"I wish you'd wake up. Everything is changing. Caden's wife Mariah is 7 months pregnant. They're having a little boy. He has a son by another woman, Julian. He's sweet and shy. Keri is 5 months pregnant and she's having a little girl. Her and Xavier aren't even talking and she tells me he wants a DNA test, wish you were awake and could talk some sense into him. And then there's me... I miss you. I hate that we left off on such bad terms. I'd give anything to take it all back and have you with me again." I cried into his chest. The rising and falling of his chest gave me a small sense of relief but not much.

I climbed out of the bed and headed into the bathroom grabbing some Jergens lotion.
I pulled the sheets back and squirted some lotion up both of his legs. And rubbed it in, feet and all.
"We can't have you looking all crusty." I said rubbing the last of the lotion in.
Before heading back into the bathroom and getting a warm towel. I went back to the side of him and wiped his face, gently caressing his chin planting a peck on his lips.
"Little dry baby." I said getting my EOS Chapstick of the table near and running it across his lips.
I went back in the bathroom, grabbing his razor and shaving cream and coming back into the hospital room and setting them on the table.

I put the shaving cream on around his chin and began touching his goatee and mustache up.
Then wiping the shaving cream off.
"All better." I said taking the things back to their original position.
"Now I'm going to go. But I'll be back to see you tomorrow. I love you more than you'll ever know." I said kissing his lips before making sure he was completely covered before leaving out the room.

****

Josaun POV

I could hear everything. I just couldn't talk or move. And I hated it. I was surprised that Jaylin had stuck by my side for however many months I've been in here. And taken care of me in the way that she has. I'm forever indebted to her, for that.

"I'm sorry Josaun. Sorry for everything." She said. She sniffled.
"Sometimes I wonder if when you wake up if you'll remember everything or if you'll forget. Part of me is hoping you forget everything I said. So we can start all over again. Then another part of me wants you not to forget because that's so much we've built gone."

It was blurry at first but then eventually it was clear. My vision that is. I laid here looking her over. She looked so beautiful. Everything that I've ever wanted and dreamed about was in her. And even though we both said things we shouldn't have, I knew I couldn't continue to take her or life for granted.

She sat on the edge of the bed and wiped her tears not even noticing that I was awake. I cleared my throat causing her to jump. She turn to me and covered her mouth as tears streamed down her face.
"Why you crying?" I croaked out. I didn't even know my voice box still worked so it was a bit of a surprise to me too. And then it came out much deeper than expected.
She climbed on top of me and buried her face into my neck.
"I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I missed you. I love you. I'm sorry." She spilled out. I rubbed her hair before grabbing each side of her face kissing her lips.

It wasn't one of those honey I'm home kisses. Or let's fuck right here right now kisses. But an I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you kiss.
"Wow." She said once we pulled apart.
"I want to marry you."I just flat out said placing my hands on each side of her.
She didn't say anything, which scared me a little.
"Just give me a date." She said kissing me again.