17.

Chase POV

My phone was ringing none stop. I quickly sat up in the bed realizing Zy wasn't in it and answered it.
"What!?" I snapped.
"Dawg, you gotta get down to the trap. Some of the product is missing and these hoes taking long ass breaks. And it's a little nigga taking part in this shit too."Quelle said.
"Man I don't handle that shit no more. That's your job."
"I don't know what to do."
"I'll be there after while." I said.

I got out the bed and did my hygiene.
After checking the entire house making sure I didn't leave daddy's baby in case she was here, I headed out.

**
When I pulled up to the trap I locked my car doors and headed inside.
"Wassup Chase, long time no see." One of my old workers DD said. I gave him a head nod.
"Where they at?" I asked.
"In the basement with Quelle." I nodded heading downstairs.

When I got down there Quelle was standing in front of two girls chained to a pole. One looking more scared then the other.
"Why yall here?" I asked them but neither of them spoke.
"So yall can't hear?" I asked taking my gun off my waist.
"My boyfriend. She's my sister. She needed the money to suppose her daughter and my boyfriend and I wanted to help." One girl cried she was light skin with long curly hair. She looked young 17 or 18 at the oldest. And she was beaten bad.
"Where's your boyfriend?" I asked.
As she pointed in a direction. I noticed Quelle kicking someone. I walked over to him. And knew this was the start of something I probably couldn't fix.

It was my brother in law Zaylen

"Aye man!" I yelled pushing Quelle off and helping Zaylen.
"What you doing dawg? They was stealing from us." Quelle said.
"Nigga what the fuck is wrong with you! You know this is my wife's brother bitch!" I yelled. Feeling my body temperature increase.
Before I could respond I felt Zaylen fall on the side of me and quickly lifted him up.
"Untie them and let them go." I told him walking out with Zay.

As I rushed to the hospital Zaylen floated in and out of consciousness. I know Zyiare gone kill me when she find out. And just assume that I had something to do with this.
I shook my head pulling up at the hospital helping him out and heading inside. I watched as they put him on a stretcher and then spoke with a nurse.
"Are you his immediate family?" She asked. I shook my head no.
"But my wife is. Actually do me a favor and be the one to call her and inform her on his condition."
She chuckled but I find nothing funny. I really wanted not to call Zy.
"Her name?" She asked.
"Zyiare Henderson." I said as she typed her name in the iPad.
She furrowed her eyebrows.
"She works here." She says to herself rather than to me. I just nodded. Here goes.

Zyiare POV

"Don't speed mommy. You get ticket." Cai said from the backseat. I figured I'd better calm down since I did have my child in the car with me. But I really wanted to know what was going on with Zaylen.
I parked and got Cai out hurrying inside.
I walked in. Finding Chase, Xavier and a sleeping Zy'Lan.
I glared at Chase passing him Cai before going to the front desk.
"Zaylen Lewis." I said.
"Zyiare you're off duty." Keisha one of the receptionist. But she was doing too much for me.
"Could you just tell me what room he's in? Thanks." I said bluntly.
"203." She said. I headed towards the elevator pressing the second floor.

I made it to his room and walked right in. He was laying there looking beat the fuck up by conscious none the less.
"Tell me what happened?"I asked sitting on the edge of the bed.
"It's my fault Zy. I already know you heating with Chase but don't be. I brought it upon myself."
"I don't care about all that. How did it happen?"
"My girlfriends sister has a baby. And we were trying to help her. She worked at Chases old trap and asked if we'd help her steal and sell the stuff. And we did. And got caught and he beat us."
"He who?"
"I don't know his name."
"I'll find out."
"Look big sis I'm Gucci. I promise. I just need to rest up. Thank Chase for me." He said closing his eyes. I kissed his cheek before leaving out his room.

When I got back to the waiting room I stood in front of Chase.
"We need to talk." I said before turning around and walking outside.
I paced until he finally appeared after damn near five minutes. See he playing with me now.
"You gone do all that fussing or you gone let me explain?" He said looking down at me.
"Fuck your explanation. That's my baby brother in there beaten senseless not yours!" I yelled pushing him. He pushed me back up against the wall and stood closely to me.
"I love you to death baby but trust me I'll go to jail over beating your ass if you don't keep your hands off of me." He said into my ear.

"Move off of me."
"You gone chill out or am I gone have to take you to the car and we have a real conversation."
"You can get the hell off of me."
"Cool." He said picking me up and walking.
"Put me down Chase." I said loud but not loud enough to cause a scene. He said nothing just kept walking. I tried to get out of his grip but it was tight.
"Keep on and fall."

When we got to his truck he put me and stood in the door way.
"I didn't do that to him."He said.
"I never said you did. Guilty conscience or what. Your bitch ass did it."
"Check this out. You gone respect me. At all cost. I don't care how pissed you are. But that's what you gone do. You really starting to get on my nerves. Shut up and listen to what I gotta say. Too grown for this shit."
"Talk."
"He called me and said there was problem and he ain't know what to do. I went and he was already beating Zay and I stopped it and brought him here."
"Who the fuck is he!?"
"Quelle."

I tried to hide my anger but it wasn't going to be the death of me.
"Well he's fine. Go get my baby and go home." I said.
"And where you going?"
"Somewhere." I said moving him out the way and heading to my car. Quelle was gone get his one. If it was the last thing he did.