Caden's Epilogue

Caden POV

I'm happier than I've been in a long time. Me and Mariah are happy in our marriage. She gave birth to our first son Malachi Elijah Henderson. She accepted Jet as her own and loves him like he is.

"Babe what's the matter?" I asked stepping into the living room where she rocked a sleeping Malachi. Every so often a tear would fall out of her eye. And I knew we needed to talk. I got the baby out of her arms and took him into his nursery. Coming back I took a seat on the couch next to her pulling her into me.
"You gotta talk to me baby." I said.
"My mom is getting sick. And we haven't made up yet and I feel like we won't get the chance to."

After Mariah had the baby and Jet began to live with us full time, Mariah's mom basically disowned her. She said that it was a disgrace to have a daughter that continues to be with a man who treated her like I did & has a child out of wedlock. She wanted to meet Malachi but Mariah said that if she wanted to meet the baby she'd have to accept Jet too because he is apart of me and I am her husband. She refused and now we are here..

"Baby I don't want you to regret not letting your mom see the baby. I understand that you want her to accept Julian. But you can't make her. Don't deny her the right to see her grandchild if it is her last wish." I reasoned.
"But Jet is apart of me and the baby now. He is my son and the babies brother. And I won't let Jet feel unwanted because of my moms evil ways."
"But baby she hasn't always been that way. She's only looking out for you."
"I'm grown now. I know that I want to be married to you. I love you and I love Jet too. If she can't let go of her pride for the sake of Malachi or me, I won't make any exceptions for her." She cried.
"Alright so will you take them to meet her?" I asked. And she nodded.

We headed upstairs and climbed into the shower. She held her head down while she stood in front of me and let the water fall over her.
"Baby stop thinking so much. It'll be fine. I'll be right there with you. If she gets out of hand we can leave." I said as I kissed the back of her neck.

***

We brought Breane along with us so she could watch the kids while we went in to see Mariah's mom.
We entered the room and she laid there almost as if she was perfectly heathy but I know that there was more than what meets the eye.
"Oh Mariah." She said smiling. Her smiled quickly dropped when she saw me.
"Caden." She said and I smiled small.
"How are you?" Mariah asked.
"I won't lie to you Mariah. I am dying."
"What's wrong?" She asked.
"My organs aren't functioning properly. The amount of surgery it'd take to him the all working would cause me to lose too much blood." She explained as a tear rolled down her cheek.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Mariah questioned.
"You were too busy running around playing housewife." She said with so much hate.

"Mom you can't judge me based on my decision to help raise my husbands son."
"And why the hell not? You chose them over me. The second you found out he had another child you should of left!"
"I did mom. But when you genuinely love someone you can't bare to be away from them."
The room fell quiet.

Mariah POV

The room was quiet.
"Look I agreed to let you meet Malachi but only if you meet Jet."
Caden left the room.
"Why do you insist on forcing that bastard child on me!? I know how this goes. He gets close to us all then his ratchet mother comes along takes him and I'm left to pick up the damn pieces!"
"What you won't do is talk about him like that! He has no where to go but with his dad! His mom and stepfather died in a plane crash. He has nobody but us. I never want him to feel like he's in this situation because it's his fault. And I'll be damned if you make him feel otherwise. So you make your choice! You can stop being such a bitter old lady and accept the fact that due to some fucked up situations you have two grandsons and accept them both and love them equally like I've chosen to do or you can accept the fact that because you wanted to be so rude and immature that you will die in this hospital all by your lone some!" I spat walking towards the door so I could leave I couldn't deal with too much more of this shit.

"Wait Mariah, I'm sorry. I want to meet them both." She said with my back still turned to her.
I turned to her.
"Hear me so very clear. I love you more than words can describe but if you say anything to my baby that can cause him to fall into a depression or upset. I'll tell these people to cut all these damn machines off." I said walking out. Caden stood on the other side of the door holding Malachi while Jet clung to his leg.
"You ready to meet your grandma?" I asked him as he moved away from Caden and came to me taking my hand as he nodded.

We entered the room and she looked towards us. I nodded to Caden and he walked over to her placing Malachi in her arms.
"He's beautiful." She said starring down at him. I let her enjoy her time with him seeing that he was her first grandchild.
After a while she looked towards Jet and he hid behind my leg. I walked closer.
"Jet this is your grandma." I said.
"Hi Jet." My mom said trying to sound as nice as possible.
He didn't respond looking at all the machines she was attached to. He slowly moved from behind me. And touched the IV in her hand.
"Why do you have these?" He asked.
We all were quiet because we didn't know exactly how to respond.
"Are you going to go to heaven?" He asked.
She smiled as tear fell down.
"I sure hope so baby." He climbed up on her bed. Caden quickly grabbed the baby. As Jet cuddled up to her and we all were surprised.
He laid there as one single tear drop fell and closed his eyes.
"Tell my mommy I love her." He said as he began to fall asleep.
I couldn't control the tears streaming down my face. My mom let several tears fall as she embraced Jet.

****

We had been here an hour long and jet was still sleep with my mom. The baby was asleep on his dad's chest. Caden was sleep and so was Breane who had her head on Caden's shoulder.
"You have a beautiful family. And I'm proud of you for standing up for what you believe. I'm sorry for all that I've put you through these past months. But I'm really happy to have you here. I love you, and I realize I should tell you now because one day I won't be able too."
I got up and hugged her.
"I love you too mom."