Jaylin's Epilogue

Jaylin POV
1 year later.

Flashback

"I am so sorry." The doctor explained.
Silent tears fell as Josaun stormed out of the hospital room.
"There isn't anything you can do?"I questioned.
"No mam. Unfortunately due to the things that you've gone through in your past you will never be able to conceive."

Me and Josaun have been trying to conceive for the past two months so to hear that I'm not pregnant and on top of that I will never be able to, crushed me. And even worse Josaun.

Flashback Over

Its been 10 months since we got the news about me not being able to reproduce. And it has taken a toll on me and my relationship. Ever since that day things started going downhill. Josaun shut me out completely. Then on top of that I caught him getting head from another girl. He confessed to having sex with her and that she had gotten pregnant. He made her terminate the pregnancy. To know that he got another woman pregnant was too much and flat out disrespectful to me. So I moved out.
Got my own apartment. And I went to an adoption agency in hopes of adopting a child. With or without Josaun I was going to live my life. Adoption can be a long stressful process but thanks to my family it has been much shorter for me. Thankfully I was able to adopt a little girl, Taylor. She's 2 and absolutely adorable.

I had her room all set up and ready to go. Just had a few more things to add a few more things to her room.
There was a knock at the door and I grew excited thinking it was the case worker with Taylor.
I hurried to the door only be to sadly let down.
"Why are you here?"I asked walking away from the door.
"We need to talk." Josaun said entering my apartment.
"Actually we don't. I'm waiting on someone and you really need to leave."
He stopped walking and just starred at me.
"Waiting on who?"
I simply ignore him.

"I know you're not about to have no other nigga up in here. We are still married Jaylin. And if I find out you with another nigga I'll kill him." He said in anger.
"Boy stop, if I want to have a nigga all up in here I will. If I want to fuck him. I'll do that too." I said playing along.
"I look like a joke to you? Stop fucking playing with me." He said stepping close to me.
"You done lost your everlasting mind talking to me like that."
"I said I was sorry Jaylin. I don't know what else to do. I want you to come back home. And you got another nigga. That's so fucked up."
"I'm not seeing anyone Josaun."
"Then wassup?"

I started to speak but there was a knock at the door. I walked to it coming to face to face with Lisa the case worker and a sleeping Taylor. I took Taylor and kissed her cheek. She's so perfect.
"I really have to run. I'll be back later so we can talk."She said handing me Taylor's small suitcase before leaving.

I walked past Josaun who was standing there confused laying Taylor on the couch and placing a cover over her.
"You need to explain."He said.
"I adopted a child."

He said nothing just ran his hand over his face.
"Everything that we got going on and you felt like it was a good idea to bring a child into the picture? Jaylin Im still in the game. You never been a mother before and you just moved out the house. You don't think we should have talked about this?"
"No. We aren't together. So I didn't feel it was necessary to run by you first. Secondly, I know you still running the streets, but that's what you choose to do. And because you do it I would appreciate it if you stayed away from me and her. Because if I lose her because of your stupid decisions, I will kill you." I said seriously.
He kissed my cheek before heading out the apartment.

One month later.

There was a knock at the door.
"Hold on love." I said to Taylor whose hair I was doing. I hurried to the door.
I opened it to come face to face with Josaun.
"I thought we agreed that it was best---"I was cut off by his lips crashing into mine.

"I'm sorry. I know that isn't much considering all that I've done to you. But it's only the beginning. I love you more than you will ever know. And to not wake up to you every morning, or hear you laugh and see you smile kills me. You adopted that little girl and I can tell you love her, and I'm sorry I couldn't give you a baby, but I want to love her with you. She's apart of you and you're everything to me. I got out if my lease at the penthouse. I bought a house, for you and her to both move in with me. It's close to your parents." He said looking into my eyes.
"Josaun that's not the problem.."
"Let me finish. I know my career choice is far from your liking and for you I got out. I want you back home and if leaving the game is what I need to get you there then I'm not even second guessing it."

I was quiet.
"Come meet Taylor." I said.
"Jaylin, I love you." He said as we walked towards the living room.
"I love you too."