40.

Cam POV

She closed the door close to an hour ago and hasn't come out yet. I'm worried about her.
So I knocked.
"Baby what's up with you? Open the door for me." I said waiting for the answer.
"Please let me be." She said in a low whisper.
"Baby I can't. You've been in there an hour and I have no idea what's going on."
She was quiet again and then I heard the lock.
I opened the door stepping in, I slipped and grabbed a hold of the counter.
I looked down to see what had caused me to slip and it was the last thing I expected.... Blood.
"What the fuck?" I said looking at the blood and then at Micayla who sat in it.
I started to her carefully.
"It's the baby." She said lowly.
My heart sank. We had only found out she was pregnant a few weeks almost a month ago, and now we were losing the baby.
I reached out to her and she shook her head no.
"Baby we gotta get you cleaned up and to the hospital so we can see what's up with the baby." I said turning some bath water on.
I gently picked her up and helped remove her clothes. I fought the tears seeing the blood from between her legs. I placed her in the tub washed her off as silent tears fell down her face.

***

"I'm sorry for your lost." The doctor said as he exited the room.
I felt saddened but I had to be strong for Micayla.
"Can I be alone?" She asked laying in the hospital bed.
"Babe, I'm just trying to be here for you."
"Please." She said in a whisper.
I nodded stepping out the room. I quickly wiped the tears that had fallen from my eyes.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket letting me know I was receiving a call.
It was Najah.
Any other time I wouldn't want to be bothered right now but she had Corey for the weekend so it was imperative that I answered all calls.
"Wassup?" I said into the phone.
"Dad. Come get me please." He cried into the phone. Broke my heart to hear him cry. But I know he just didn't like to be with his mom.
"Corey man you gotta thug through this for me man. That's the only way you can stay with me." I tried to explain to him.
"But daddy please." He cried.
I sighed, I couldn't leave him there.
"Let me talk to your mom." I said.
"I can't. She's with a mean man."
"I'm on my way. Get your stuff ready."

For someone who claims to want there son around she sure keeps finding ways to fuck it up.

***

I pulled up and Corey was sitting outside on the porch with his things ready.
I scooped him into my arms and stormed into the house.
"Get your ass up Najah!" I yelled at my beaten baby momma.
"You can't just take him with you."
"The hell I can. We can go to court."
"Bitch fuck you! You'll look for any reason to not let me see my son!"
"Your son hates being with you."

I walked out.
As my son let out soft whimpers.
"It's okay Corey."
"Dad he hurt me." He said.
"Where?" I asked feeling my blood boil.
I put him on his feet as he pointed to his back. I lifted his shirt revealing welts and bruises up his back.

Too much going on. Too fucking much.