23.

Chase POV

"You comfortable?" I asked Zaylen as he laid sprawled out on the couch. After he got out the hospital Zyiare insisted that he move back in with us.
"Absolutely." He said pulling his girlfriend Nia into his lap.
Oh yeah and his girlfriend moved in as well.
"Look, I don't care what y'all do when we ain't here. As long as you stay in your room and clean up after yourselves. But as long as we're in the house.. None of this. We gotta a little girl running around." I said to Zaylen completely ignoring his girlfriends presence.
"Stop ignoring her man."
I wasn't fond of either of them consuming my space. Zaylen was an exception because he made Zyiare happy but this Nia girl was just here. And I didn't like it.

"Cai come here!" I yelled for my daughter. As she came running into the living room.
"Yes daddy?"
"Tell your uncle what I told you." I said picking her up.
"My daddy says, you and you." She said pointing at him and Nia. "Get off ass. And get job." She said wrapping her arms around my neck.
"Her little bad ass cussing now!?" Zaylen said loudly sitting up.
"Oh hell nah!" We heard Zyiare yell and on cue we all took off running. Me still with Cai in hand.

I stood in the closet before placing her in front of me.
"Y'all got my baby cussing, then you gone hide!" She yelled.
Cai was just chuckling.
"Be quiet Cai, or she gone find us."
"Zaylen when I find you I'm gone beat your crippled ass. Chase when I find you , I'm gone beat your ass too for having my child cussing. And Cai Ziyonna Henderson, you definitely getting a whooping."

She began to cry. And the closet door swung open. Zyiare stood in front of us with her arms folded.
"You threatened her with a whooping." I said picking up Cai.
"She ain't the only one."
"Girl you ain't crazy. You need find your brother because he probably around here doing something he ain't supposed to." I said carrying Cai to the living room and sitting down.
"I don't want no whooping daddy." She cried in my chest.
"Your mama ain't gone whoop you Cai. Now stop all that crying."

She quickly wiped her tears laying back against my chest.
"We need to talk Chase." Zyiare said.
"I understand but I'm bonding with my baby right now."
"Well your folks will be over in a little while and I want to talk before then."
She said heading up the stairs.
I sat Cai on the couch, and turned the channel to her favorite Doc McStuffin's.
I jogged up the steps and entered our room closing the door. I sat on the bed pushing my dreads out of my face.
"Wassup?" I said.
"You still got your little attitude?"
"Nope." I said nonchalantly.
"Chase. He put my brother in the hospital. And you thought I was going to do something about it?"
"So you thought it was okay to go and fight that nigga. Zyiare he punched you in your shit. What if I had not been there? He kills niggas for a living and you thought he would have gave damn about your little ass. It was just dumb."
"Okay well next time you handle it like you should and maybe I won't have to."
"So you wanted me to kill my own Bestfriend because he laid your brother out?"
"Conversation over." She said attempting to walk past me but I grabbed her wrist.
"Conversation not over. It's clear you got a lot on your mind. And my folks about to come over here and I don't need them thinking I'm the one who did something. So talk."
"All in saying is you don't react the same for my family that you do yours. Let it would have been Caden, or Cameron and you would have killed him on sight."
"Okay that's my brother and cousin. Zaylen is your brother! That nigga is nineteen years old and you treat him like he's still the same little 15 year old boy who used to work for me. He knows right from wrong. Just like he knew stealing was wrong. I'm sorry if you wanted me to baby him. But I won't. Shit I let the nigga in my house. Be grateful. He could be on the street sleeping for all I care."
"That's fine. If you want him out, I'll let him know." She said trying to walk away again but I pulled her back.

"Are you on your period or something?" I asked. She squinted her eyes at me.
"No but I wish I was." She spat.
"See, you came in here talking about Zaylen trying to act like that's why you all mad and shit. Be real Zyiare. Your period is late. And you don't want to be pregnant. You mad because you think I planned this shit. Next time won't you say that instead of coming sideways about something petty."
"You're right. I do think you planned this."
"Well I didn't. Caden and Mariah getting ready to have a baby. My momma keep talking about its more to come. But I know for a fact it won't be from us. And if it is, what you tripping on? We married this time remember."I said flashing my wedding band at her.
"Married or not. I don't want another baby. At least not now. I told your dumb ass to wear a condom. You act like I dont know you be going in raw. And nutting inside of me. You so damn dumb." She spat.
"You know I don't wear a condom yet you wrap your legs around me not letting me pull out even if I wanted to. Of course I go in raw. You're my wife!" I spat feeling my anger getting the best of me. "And hell yeah I nut in you. You never had a problem with the shit til now. Oh then you think I don't know you be buying that Plan B shit. But whose really dumb? Man get up out my face." I said letting her go letting my leg jump.

"What you mad for?" She asked.
"You stay in my face. You know I can't control my anger yet you steady egging me on, now if I was to slap your ass across this room, I'd be wrong."
"I wish you would."She said pointing in my face.
"If you don't keep your hands out my face your wish gone be granted dawg."
"Yeah whatever."
"I swear you think I'm dumb. You ain't innocent Zy. I know everything you do. Just like I know you taking money out the account for ole girl out there sister and her little pregnant ass. Stop trying to play me like you don't do shit. Don't bring this shit up to me no more man." I said standing up.

I left out the room. Because in a matter of seconds, I would have hit her. I've only done that once and I don't want to have to do it ever again but damn shit always got something to say.

I entered the living room taking a seat on the couch next to Cai. As she crawled over in my lap.
I heard keys and turned around.
"Where you going?" I asked Zy.
"To see Josaun with Micah." She said rolling her eyes.
"I'm going." Zaylen jumped up sliding his Adidas slides on. And without uttering a single word Nia got up following behind him.
I watched as Zyiare headed towards the door.
"I guess you ain't gone say bye to your daughter?" I asked.
She turned around and walked in our direction. Cai stood up holding on to the side of the couch. Placing her hands on each side of Zy's face while Zy did the same.

"Love you baby." Zy said.
"Love you too mommy.You be back when my grandma be here?" Cai asked her.
"Yeah."
"You tell daddy bye?"
"Bye." Zy said to me before turning around.
"Yep."
I said pulling Cai down planting kisses all over her face.
"Daddy!" She squealed.
After I stopped, she stood up and returned the favor kissing all over my face.

She sat down and pointed at one of the tattooed portraits I had of her on my arm.
"Daddy's baby." She said.
"Nope that's Cai."
"Cai is daddy baby." She said folding her arms.
"Okay Cai is daddy baby."
"Is this daddy baby too?" She asked pointing to another portrait on my chest. It was Zion.
"Yeah."
"Who this?" She asked pointing to Zyiare, her and Zions names tatted on my ribs.
"You, Zion, and mommy."
She smiled satisfied with my answer laying against my chest.