34.

Cam POV

It's been two weeks since me and Micayla broke up and I'm a mess. I miss her. Even though I lost her I don't have to worry about any mess with Najah. She hasn't even called to see Corey, that's how I know she only said what she said to get me to leave Micayla. But now I don't care. If she's going to take me to court for being happy be it, I'll fight to keep my son, but I'm going to also fight to get Micayla back.

I sat at Chase's house. Smoking with him, and Caden.

"What's up?" I asked.
"Corey!" I yelled.
"Yes dad?"
"Come on let's go to breakfast."
"Are we going to the diner?"
"Yeah." I said putting my watch on.
"Are we going to see Ms.Micayla, I miss her." He said I sighed rubbing his head.
"I miss her too man."

***

We sat down in the diner. I wasn't really hungry just very anxious. I hadn't seen Micayla in a while, and I don't know what she's thinking of me. I was disappointed to find Alisha walking towards the table. I knew there was some tension the way she rolled her eyes at me.
"Can I get y'all something to drink?" She said avoiding eye contact.
"Raspberry Lemonade." Corey said.
"Water."
"Are y'all ready to order?"
I let Corey order but couldn't help but wonder why I hadn't yet seen Ms.Antoinette or Micayla.
"And you?" She said darting her eyes at me.
"Let me apologize. Because I don't want you spitting in my food or anything like that. I'm sorry for the way that I did you. You didn't deserve that."
"Sorry huh? And in that whole apology you failed to mention the fact that you used me to make my cousin hurt and she still won."
"I didn't try to hurt her or you."
"What would you like?" She said dismissing the conversation. I told her as she wrote things down. She turned to leave but I grabbed her wrist.
"Where are they?"
"My mom is home consulting Micayla." She said nicely before leaving.

Consulting? Did I hurt her that bad? I know I won't be able to fix this.

After breakfast me and Corey headed to Ms.Antoinette's. We got out and I knocked on the door. Ms. Antoinette opened it with disappointment spread across her face.
"I'm sorry--" I started.
"I'm not the one you need to apologize to." She cut me off opening the door wider so I could step in. Corey stood in front of me.
"Come on Corey honey, I made some beignets." She said taking his hand. "She's in her room." She said to me.

I walked the house until I approached the only closed door in the entire house.
I knocked but got no answer so I gently pushed the door open. Only to find Micayla hurried in her covers sniffling.
I took a seat on the edge of her bed and pulled the covers back. She looked at me with bloodshot eyes.
"Micayla baby, I'm sorry. Please don't cry." I said.
"Cameron you don't understand. I told you he was after me and I came to you because you made me feel safe. Your baby moms came back and you just put me on the back burner."
"I said I was sorry. But I realize now it's a mistake. I want you to come back."
"What about our baby's mom?"
"Ill just have to see her at court."
"Cameron." She said sitting up.
"Hm?" I took in her appearance and she looked absolutely perfect to me.
"I'm pregnant."