30.

Mariah POV
Two weeks later.

Things have been going great since I moved in with my dad. I am not nearly as stressed as I have been. But today I decided I'd go talk to Caden, since I am due in a month and a few weeks.
"You sure you don't want me to come with you?" My dad asked.
"I'm sure dad."
"Alright sweet pea. And when you get a chance call your mom. She wants to talk to you."
"I'll think about it." I said closing the door leaving out.

***
I knocked, seeing that I no longer had a key anymore.

He opened the door before looking me over and stepping back to let me in

He didn't say a single word just closed the door and walked past me.
"I thought we should discuss how we're going to do visiting." I said.
"How bout we talk about finalizing our divorce instead?" He said twisting his hair. That word divorce just made me sick to my stomach.
"That's not what I came for."
"Why not? This is what we need to talk about. Or maybe we can talk about how you up and left me when the going got tough. Let's talk!" He spat.
"I didn't up and leave because the going got tough!"I snapped. "I left because unlike you, I want this baby to actually make it into the world."
"You love throwing the fact that you miscarried in my face. But never did you want to take ownership of the fact that you had an abortion."
"This was a mistake. I'll call you when he gets here." I said helping myself up.
"Man sit down. We not done talking." He said standing up towering over me. I looked him up and down.
"No."
"Alright, go ahead and leave. I dont give a fuck. But don't come crying when you get them signed papers in the mail."He said standing up and going to answer his ringing phone.

Did he really just threaten to send me divorce papers if I didn't sit down? This stupid ass nigga. We'll see who be crying when I also sign them shits.

He entered the room and sat down on the couch shaking his head as a single fell from his eye.
"Caden?" I asked lowly.

Caden POV

Flashback

"We really need to go to this retreat. Our marriage desperately needs mending. And I was just wondering if you could keep him until we got back?" Giana asked.
"Of course I don't have a problem watching my son. The question is if your husband is alright with him staying with me for how long?"
"Two weeks, but you guys have to let this feud go. Y'all have been friends for too long. And remember at some point in time y'all were even best friends. Yes things have happened. And unfortunately as it is, the son he raised as his own is biologically yours, and you have every right to make up for the time lost and then some. I will not take that from you but you two have to get it together because whether y'all like it or not, Khalil is my husband and you are Jet's father."
"Yeah I hear you. So when you coming to get him?"
She signed obviously irritated that I was ignoring her spiel about me and Khalil making up.
"Sunday."She said.

Flashback Over

"Caden?" She asked quietly waddling over to me.
"The plane crashed Caden. They're gone." Khalil's mother kept replaying in my head. Through out this whole thing besides my folks, she's been the calm for all of us. I couldn't even imagine the pain she was feeling right now.
"Caden please talk to me." Mariah said wiping my tears.
"Giana and Khalil went on a trip. They're plane crashed Mariah."
"I'm so sorry." She said pulling me into her. I was done shedding the fews tears that I did. I just had a lot on my mind right now. My son doesn't have his mother anymore. I lost one of my childhood best friends. This hurt me because even though I never was in love with Giana, I'll always love her as a friend and love her even more for giving me my son. And whether me and Khalil mad up or not he was my brother. And I regret letting us beef because now it was too late. And there was no way I could take it back.