8.

One week later.
Mariah POV

"Are you sure that this is right? Because my husband I checked while on vacation, and it said I wasn't pregnant." I explained.
"Sometimes home pregnancy test are inaccurate. Because your blood samples tell me that you are indeed 10 weeks pregnant." The lady told me smiling at me handing me the results and I smiled back.
"Well um there's something I'm concerned about." I said.
"After checking your medical records I'm guessing it has something to do with your inability to have carried a child full term. Having miscarried twice." She stated reading my papers.
"It wouldn't have anything to do with.."
"Your termination of pregnancy?" She asked now looking up at me.
"Yes." I said ashamed.
"Actually it does. You suffered from a damaged cervix. Which is more than likely the cause for your miscarriages. During your abortion your cervix was under a lot of stress and torn, which weakens your cervix. In your previous miscarriages your cervix opened prematurely causing the miscarriage. Fortunately for you, your cervix was not permanently weakened, and the chance of you carrying your baby the full term is still likely." She said smiling at me.

After my appointment I couldn't wait any longer. I wanted to tell Caden. So I hurried to the practice gym where I knew he'd be. As I entered I saw him playing against some of their other teammates.
"Wifey in the building!" One yelled and they all faced me. Caden looking confused started towards me.
"Wassup baby? You alright?" He asked placing his hands on my waist.
"I'm good. Just have to tell you something." I said.
"Wassup?"
"Uh I'm pregnant."
"But the test was negative baby." He assured.
"Yeah but the blood test at the doctors office says that I am."
He scooped me into his arms so quickly.
"I'm gonna be a daddy!" He yelled.
All his teammates began clapping.
He kissed me before pulling away.
"Go home. And don't leave unless I'm with you." He said sternly.
"What? Why?"
"Because you don't know what cautious means. Please don't make me tell you again." He said kissing my cheek.

I wasn't going to disobey my husbands request completely. I was going home just not right now. I would make a stop by my moms. I wanted to be close to her so we moved her to Orlando close to us.
Once I got to her house, I got out and knocked.
"Mariah baby what are you doing here?" She exclaimed pulling me into a hug.
"I want to talk mommy." I said walking in as she closed the door behind me.
"I actually wanted to talk to you as well."
"Well I'm pregnant." I said smiling from ear to ear.
But she didn't seem happy for me.
"That's good." She said.
"You don't seem happy for me."
"I am but I'd be happy if you told Caden about the abortion so that yall could take the appropriate repercussions."
"What does me telling him about something that happened four years ago, have to do with right now? What's the real reason you feel like I should tell him?"
"If someone else was to tell him Mariah, it'd hurt him. And I don't see him forgiving you for that. Because as it seems that is the reason you can't carry your child to term."
"You're my mom. So why are you against me? If you were going to feel some type of way about it you should have never volunteered to take me. If someone else tells him huh?" I asked standing up. "Well you just make sure that when you tell him, you let him know that it was your idea, you paid for it, and you took me. You're not innocent either." I said walking out the door slamming it behind me.

I got in my car and sat there crying for a minute. My biggest fear is that Caden will find out but I'd like to keep it secret for as long as possible. Maybe after I have this baby, ill tell him. I started my car and headed home.

Caden POV

To say I was excited about the baby would be an understatement. All the excitement left when I got home and Riah's car was not here. She blantly disobeyed my request.
I started on dinner then took a seat on the couch.
The front door opened and I didn't even turn around. She came and sat it my lap.
"I'm sorry." She said kissing my neck.
"Your dinner is in the kitchen." I said removing her from my lap and heading up the stairs.

I started my shower and climbed in letting the water kiss my skin. After I was done washing I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist and entered the room. Mariah was in the bed sniffling. I pulled on some boxers then climbed in with her.
"Not mad at you, just wish you'd listen to me." I explained with my arms behind my head looking straight. I could feel her shift in bed.
"I just went to share the news with my mom."
"Call next time." I said pulling her into me.

No more words were exchanged and you could tell we both had a lot on our mind.