Micah's Epilogue

Micah POV
Two years later.

"Mommy." I opened my eyes to see Leena.
"Hey baby." I said pulling her into a hug.
"Daddy is gone to practice." She said climbing out the bed and running out the room.
Leena is six now and fully aware that Lance was killed. She was sad and still gets sad from time to time but she loves Josiah.

Flashback

"Ms. Henderson, we need to have a talk with you please mam about Leena."
"What's the matter?"
"She's been in a fight."
I climbed out of the bed hanging up the phone.
"I know you better slow your ass down. You know what the doctor said." Josiah scolded me as he helped me get ready.
"Yes babe I do but Leena's been fighting. I know she's mean but she wouldn't just be fighting just for the hell of it."

***

When we got to Leena's school he demanded that I stay in the car.
He went in and a few minutes later he came back with a crying Leena in his arms.
He put her in her car seat and helped her buckle it before getting back in the drivers side.
I looked out the window noticing we weren't going home but to Leena's favorite park, I just know he's not about to reward her for misbehaving. When we got there he helped me out the car, then Leena.

We walked to the park and I sat down. While they walked away.
After what seems like hours they came back to me but neither said anything.
"I'm sorry for being bad at school mommy. The kids kept laughing at me and when I asked why they kept laughing. A boy name Russell Weston told me that they were laughing because I was the only one in the whole class who didn't have a daddy." It broke my heart to hear that my baby was being made fun of because of something she has no control over.
"Keep going." Josiah told her.
"Josiah told me that my real daddy may be gone but that doesn't mean he didn't love me. He said that God wanted him close to him because he was special." I smiled at Josiah.
"Mommy I want Josiah to be my daddy." Me and Josiah both were taken aback.
"He loves me mommy. He tucks me in to bed. He gives me good night kisses. He takes me to school. And cooks me breakfast. He makes sure no monsters under my bed. My daddy used to do that so I think that means Josiah is my new daddy. And I'm okay with that." She continued making me and Josiah chuckle.
"Plus he did one more thing my daddy didn't do." She said smiling big while he pushed her wild hair out of her face so we could see her.
"What's that?" I asked.
"He gave me a baby brother." She said rubbing my belly.

Flashback Over

I gave birth to our son Jonah Deandre Robinson six weeks ago. Which is why I felt so irritated that he was gone to practice. Plus I can have sex again and I just want my man all up in this. But of course football before family with him. It was the holidays and unfortunately this time around I'd be starting a new tradition, spending it with my new family.

"Okay have you taken a bath?" I asked.
She looked down which meant no.
"Go ahead." I said. As she scurried out the room.

We had some last minute Christmas shopping to do. I hadn't done any because the baby is too small to take out and Josiah practices a lot.
He's a great daddy though. He makes sure he kisses the kids goodnight every night. And wakes them up so he can start his day off with them on his mind.

I got up and went in the bathroom did my hygiene and took a shower. I got dressed in some jeans , a white shirt, a tan sweater and some moccasins. I left out my room and to the nursery seeing that Jonah was fully awake.