Chapter 25

Luke's POV:

I placed my hand on the doorknob and turned it to unlock it. I opened it and saw a man. The man who was on the sketch. Holy shit. This is Liah's father.

"Can I help you?" I asked and the man looked me dead in the eyes, raising his hand. "Have you seen this girl?" he said and I looked at the picture. That's Liah...

"Calum? Honey? Can you come for a minute?" I called. Calum walked up to me and hugged me from behind. "What's up boo?" he asked and I did my best to hide my smirk.

"Have we seen this girl?" I asked and he took the picture from the man. "Nope, never seen her. Maybe our friend Bill can help." He said and walked back in. "One second." I said to Liah's father and held up a finger. He nodded and Calum came back with the cop, whose name wasn't Bill. "Hello, sir. Can we talk outside for a minute?" the officer asked and they walked outside.

I closed the door and turned around to see the rest slowly making their way over. "Thanks for having my back, Cal." I said and hugged him. "Honestly, that's the funniest thing I've ever seen." Liah said. We walked back to the couch and sat down. "What now?" Luke asked. "I told the cop my dad is not allowed to know where I live. He is going to take him to the police station and ask him what he was planning to do. After the interrogation, they will call whoever he wants them to call to pick him up." Liah explained and I nodded. I stood up and hugged her, pushing her on the couch with me on top.

"You're save here, Liah. We'll protect you." I said and she giggled. "All good now?" Ashton asked and we all nodded. "Who wants spaghetti?" asked Calum. We all cheered and ate the food. "What was this prank for, and what was your plan?" Ashton said. We explained everything and the calm evening was back.