Chapter 38

Ashton POV:

She lay peacefully on the bed. Asleep. I didn't know what else to do than holding her hand and stroking her hair. She's so beautiful. I hope she'll wake up so I can see her eyes again. I smiled to myself while I thought of all our fun adventures. The time we met in Art class. The date we had at Luke and her's house. 

And now here she is. I never would have thought we would end up here. All these memories we had and so much more we should make. It was quite a shock and plot twist for all of us. My band was touring around the world. She travelled with us. She kept our feet on the ground. 

Before we left on this tour, we offered her a job as stylist and she gladly accepted. After the first two months she was getting more on edge everyday. She got upset easily. She would yell at me when she was in a magazine and she would let out all the anger towards the paparazzi on me. I was her safe place. 

We would still go out and have fun. Yesterday we went out as well. It just didn't end as we wanted. She was still stressed from work and a good night would brighten her day and she would go to bed with a giggle and sparkling eyes. 

This dude... I swear, if I find him... I'll murder him. 

We went to this club which's name I can't remember. Me, the boys, Joyce, Kian and Liah were there. We had a great night and got some drinks. All of us beer and of course, Liah had to get this cocktail she absolutely loved. We danced and we sang along to the club hits. It was 1am when Liah decided to get another cocktail. I walked to the barista with her and he looked at her like he saw his favourite meal.

"Hey, keep your eyes up, mate. She's mine." I warned him and he rolled his eyes. I turned to Liah and told her this corny joke I told earlier on stage. She laughed and got her drink. She took a sip and nodded in appreciation. "Yep, this is good." she said and I smiled. "Glad you liked it." I said and went back to the dancefloor. 

But then it happened. After a few songs, she fell. She was knock out on the floor and I tried to wake her up. "Laih! Liah! Can you hear me?" I asked full in a panic. The boys came to the middle of the scene. "Someone call an ambulance!" I shouted, tears streaming. "Please help us!" I sobbed into Mikey's shoulder. I looked up and Calum was checking her heartbeats while Kian put her on her side. Luke and Joyce sat down in each others arms, Luke comforting Joyce more. 

And here we are. There was GHB in her drink. She was in a coma and I prayed every minute for her to wake up and greet me. But she didn't. At least that's what I thought. "Ash?" Liah woke up. "Liah, oh my god! You're alive!" I said and hugged her. She didn't hug me back. "Ash, over here." I turned around and saw her standing in the doorway. "No, it can't be." I said and rubbed my eyes. "I love you, Ashton." Liah said and dissapeared. That's when I woke up. 

"No.... No..." I cried in her hand. The beeps of the machine started to go faster. And so did my heart. It pounded so hard. 

There was a long beep. It was over. She wasn't with us anymore. Nurses came in and pushed me out. My mum was right there. She opened her arms. I ran into them and cried as a little kid. "I'm so sorry, Ash." she said.