Three: Orion's P.O.V. Constellations

"Are you crazy?!" my girlfriend asks as she climbs into the passenger seat.
  "Yeah, a little bit," I joke.
  She laughs."What are we doing? Where are we going? I can't leave Trinity!"
  "She looks like she's having fun."
  "But still."
  "C'mon, Luna. Have some fun."
  "I was having fun! My book is amazing!"
  "I'm sure it is."
  "Why aren't you in Galaxy City?" Galaxy City is where Luna and I live.
  "Because. It's Friday."
  Her furrowed brows turn soft and she says,"Oh."
  Fridays are the days she and I go out into the vast fields of Echo Falls. We lay in the back of truck and we gaze up at the stars. It's my favorite thing to do. Her eyes always sparkle in the starlight, fascinated. Pointing out constellations constantly, here and there, everywhere.
  "Yeah," I tell her."You forgot?"
  She hesitates."Sorry."
  "It's fine."
  We drive along in silence for the next few minutes. Then we arrive. I drive into the field and find a spot. I stomp on the brakes and we get out. We lay in the back and look up at the starry skies.
  "Beautiful," Luna says. Always her first line: the classic one word phrase.
  I smile."Yeah."
  She looks to me. I look to her.
  Her smile is wide. Mine is too.
  She's blushing. I'm not the type to blush, but if I am in some alternate dimension, I'd be blushing also.
  I kiss her. It's a nice kiss, not a long but not a short kiss. Just - a kiss. I seriously don't get how girls can describe kisses so well. They tell how it is. I just think 'we kissed.'
  We pull away and look into each other's eyes. Her eyes are beautiful - purple and blue and shiny. They stand out from her pale face and dark brown curly hair pulled back in a sloppy bun. I have to say, my girlfriend is beautiful. Not just that - smart, and kind. Caring and loving. She loves nature. And - of course - she's obsessed with the night.
  I think for a moment, then ask,"Why do you love the night?"
  She takes a deep breath."I love the night. Anything seems possible at night when the rest of the universe has gone to sleep."
  And deep. Luna is very deep. She makes me think of things in a whole different way then usual. The things she says and talks about are so complex, and complicated, yet so - simple. She makes things feel possible and impossible. She can explain the dark, scary things of the universe as if they could happen right then and there and she'd defeat it. How?
  I don't know, I'm just a lazy but lucky guy to have her be mine. I would never be able to handle the secrets of the night, on top of the privilege to protect it.
  "Luna, I love you," I tell her.
  "I love you too."