Chapter Thirty Five: Trinity's P.O.V. Memory

I was so excited. I dashed over to Annabelle, who was playing in the sandbox.
  "Ann - Anna - Annabelle!" I shouted. I run over to her.
  "Ugh, Trinity, you ruined my sandcastle!" Her eyes went sad.
  "Oh! I'm sorry! But look a-"
  "I worked really hard on it..."
  "Yeah, I really am sorry, but maybe this wi-"
  "No. You know what? Whatever. It wasn't even that good anyway." She walked away.
  We were young. We were at the place where the citizens of Dreamscape are... made. We're not born. We don't have a parents or siblings, or any family at all. That's why we have close friends.
  Anyway, the place where we're made is kind of just a big open space outside. We just don't exist, and then - we do. It's hard to explain. I don't have any emotions or memories of it. No one does.
  A new memory flashes into my mind.
  "C'mon, c'mon... almost got it..." I struggled.
  Then I dropped the key that could have unlocked Annabelle from her handcuffs. We were thirteen years old, and Annabelle had stole a bottle of vodka from a drug store. She had a messed up past. Orion, Maia, Luna, and I were trying to get her out of her temporary cell. I wanted to help, so when we got the key after a long and complicated plan, I was to unlock her handcuffs. Unfortunately, I dropped it and it slid under the door.
  As Orion scrambled to get it, a protection officer opened the door. Then, we were all in that cell together for a day or two until Destiny, a fellow fairy at the time, bailed us out.
  We fought a lot during those two days, especially Annabelle and I."It's your fault we're all in here!" Annabelle screamed at me.
  "I was just trying to help!" I screeched back.
  "Well, stop trying! We'd be better off without you!"
  I still hear those words in my head everyday.
  Maybe that's why I abandoned my friends on the first day of searching for Annabelle. Maybe that's why I made a deal with Cipher. Because they didn't need my help. They'd be better off without me. Maybe that's why it was so easy for Cipher to trick and possess me to kill my friends.
  I zoom back into reality.
  "Guys, please don't fight," Luna begs.
  Annabelle's face turns red. From anger? Embarrassment?
  "So, is there any way we can break these chains?" Maia questions.
  "I think I know how," Cipher says as he appears out of thin air.