Chapter Thirty Six: Maia's P.O.V. Powers

"We don't need you," Orion scowls at Cipher. He balls his hand into a fist and pounds against the chains. Then, he winces in pain, and his not-very-well thought out plan obviously has failed.
  "Ha. Nice try kid," Cipher smirks."But you're never gonna break that."
  "Then how can we break her chains?" I ask.
  "Ugh, the girl with all the questions." Cipher rolls his eyes.
  I can usually take insults, but I'm mildly offended by his comment.
  "I can unlock those chains for you," Cipher offers."But they've already sucked up most of blood. Not just her regular blood, but her powerful blood too. So even if she survives - which there is a very slim chance of - she won't have any powers."
  Luna, Orion, and I take a look at Annabelle, who looks weak and broken inside. Trinity, in the corner, glances at her. I know she cares, but she doesn't want to show it.
  "Guys, it's no use," Annabelle manages to say. Her voice is hoarse."I'll die either way."
  I murmur to Luna,"I think we should free her."
  "I guess so. We can't just leave her until she dies," Luna mumbles.
  I nod.
  "Cipher," Luna announces,"unchain her."
  With a snap of his fingers, the chains break.
  Annabelle falls to the floor. The three of us rush to help her. Trinity turns toward her, hope in her eyes.
  "Well kids, I've taken over the star," Cipher laughs."There's no one that can stop me. Not even you five. So give it up. Annabelle is dying. I'm afraid I'm going to have to kill you now." He raises a finger towards us.
  I summon water from outside his castle, and try to hit him. No luck.
  Orion runs towards him, ready to strike a punch. His fist passes through Cipher."Right, like a weak ass punch could bring me down." Cipher pushes Orion down.
  I feel a tug on my arm. Annabelle is trying to stand.
  "Whoa, whoa. Annabelle, I think you should just stay down-"
  "No," she refuses."I can't just sit here helplessly watching my friends get beat."
  "But you're weak!"
  "I want to help."
  Luna and I exchange glances.
  "Okay," I compromise. I help her up.
  Suddenly, the room blackens. We're left swimming in a pitch black abyss. A red figure appears.
  Annabelle?
  She stretches her arms out in front of her, palms facing outwards.
  A light appears, revealing Cipher. His face has shock all over it."A-Annabelle... this is impossible! You should be dead!"
  Her eyes open, completely black."So should you."
  A red blast hits Cipher in the gut, sending him flying.