Chapter Twenty Six: Luna's P.O.V. Race

"This sucks," Maia declares as we begin to walk up a bit of a hill. But it isn't just any hill, it's the very bottom of Mount Bill, the tallest mountain in Dreamscape. I had always heard the legends of there being gold at the top, but no one's ever gotten to it. Now I'm going to.
  With the help of Maia, of course. Yet at the moment she isn't being very helpful. She won't quit whining.
  "Trust me, it gets worse," I tell her."This is just the beginning."
  She groans but continues on with me.
  "And we've gotta hurry," I add."We have to beat whoever is getting Cipher's strengthening ingredients. They already have the crystal flower. They can't have the gold, too. I've got to step up. I-I mean, we. We have to step up."
  "You're already picturing yourself as the hero. What about Maia, huh? Maia! Maia! Maia!" she chants.
  "No offense Maia, but you're the sidekick right now."
  She gazes into the distance with an annoyed look on her face. Sometimes I'm pretty sure that girl thinks she's on a TV show. That's probably where she gets all her wits.
"Whatever," Maia shrugs nonchalantly."But before you know it I'm gonna do something heroic."
"Okay. You do you."
We continue climbing. The mountain is getting steeper.
I begin to wonder who would be helping out Cipher. He wouldn't get these things himself. Besides, he has Annabelle captured. He wouldn't leave her unattended.
  My face gets hot. I almost completely forgot about Annabelle! Damnit! I'm a sucky friend. How could I forget about her?
  We have to speed up. If Cipher gets all the ingredients... oh boy. And poor Annabelle would be there to witness it, unable to stop him. I know she'd never forgive herself.
  Suddenly I spot movement on another ledge of the mountain. It scurried away.
  I stop in my tracks."Maia!" I whisper.
  She stops too."What?" she whispers back."And why are we whispering?"
  "I think I saw something - or someone." I climb up to the height of the ledge and make my way across. Maia follows.
  "Over here."
  "I don't see anything," she informs. She looks to her feet, but then focuses in on them.
  "Are you okay?" I ask.
  "The ground... there's glitter on it."
  We glance to each other. I move my eyes upwards in front of us.
  And there stands Trinity, with gold bars in her hands.