Chapter Fifteen: Luna's P.O.V. The Search

And so the search begins. Maia is a real trooper, though - still trying to find her friends with a damaged arm? I'm starting to feel like the lame one here.
We were exiting Ghost Lagoon carefully - dodging random waves of madness and weirdness. Currently, we're hiding behind a car accident.
"How much further?" I ask, not knowing this area very well.
"Not far," Maia replies. She looks out to the distance."I see the sign. We'll be heading out into Fantasy Land soon."
I sigh. That's where Trinity lives. But for all we know, she and Annabelle could be dead. That's not what I want to believe, but it could be true.
"Let's run," Orion orders, and we race out from behind the car behind a tall building. Once we were out of Ghost Lagoon, we'd be safer. This is because Cipher is currently torturing Ghost Lagoon, and if he spots us again we'll be dead meat.
"We're right there! Why can't we just run?" I question. I hate being the one who doesn't know what's going on and asking questions repetitively, but I can't help it now.
"He may have blocked the borders," Orion informs."We might not be able to get out."
"Should one of us go over and try?" Maia wonders.
"It can cause serious injury or death," Orion states seriously."But I'll do it."
"No!" I cry and pull him back."No, don't do it!"
"Do you want to get out of here or not?!" he snaps.
I gasp slightly, then let him go.
He stands in front of where the imaginary line would be. He reaches his hand out. Tension rises, and my heart beats faster and faster. Anything could happen at this moment.
Luckily, he made it to Fantasy Land. He signals us to come, and we do.
"Okay, Black Fire is the biggest area in all of Dreamscape. In the sky, it stretches from Ghost Lagoon to Galaxy City. Unfortunately for us, that's across the star." Great. Leave it to Orion to give you useful but disappointing information.
"Trinity could've given up and came back to Fantasy Land," Maia guesses.
"We should check her castle," I say, finally feeling like I'm contributing to something on this quest.
  And so we look ahead to the enormous castle in the distance. The problem is that it's burning to the ground.