Chapter Twenty Three: Maia's P.O.V. Then There Were Two

Luna stomps off.
  All I can do is just stand there and watch as Orion and Luna fight. Luna's never really yelled like that before. I can't help but wonder what happened to her soft, calm, and quiet side. I guess the apocalypse really brings out the other sides of people.
Orion glances at me with sad eyes, almost as if to say,'Don't go. Don't leave me here.'
But he was just being a jerk to Luna. I turn my back on him and follow Luna.
"Um, hey, Luna, where are we going?" I ask as I catch up to her.
"Cipher has things that can strengthen is power," she explains."We just need to get those things, and destroy them."
"Where are they?"
"First we're going to Echo Falls to get the crystal flower. And then we have to go to very top of Mount Bill to get the ancient gold."
"Are you kidding me? That'll take hours!"
"It's the only way."
"Are you sure?"
"Well, this one ancient history book in my library says he has a weakness - five immortals can rise to the occasion to stop him. Their powers combined can release an incredible force to destroy Cipher. Not kill him, but get rid of him for at least a million years or so. But nobody knows who these immortals are. No clues, no nothing. Orion told me it's just legend. Not real."
"Well, it doesn't have much evidence to support it."
"Whatever. Come on."
What the hell happened to her? She's rude. I know she doesn't mean it, but it hurts. I come along with her anyway. If I leave her, all five of us will be alone and spilt up, and we'll have even less of a chance to find each other.
My arm begins to feel sore, and I remember that I injured it. I suck it up anyway. If I tell Luna, she could yell at me, and leave me here. The walk from Fantasy Land and Echo Falls is about far, and I don't feel like chasing after her if she storms off.
  After about three hours, we reach the forests of Echo Falls. Although it's hard to tell time in the darkness where there is no sun or stars or moon.
  "What? It should be here!" I hear from a distance and realize I'm slacking, so I hurry up and find Luna looking confusedly on the ground.
  "Um, you okay?"
  "No! The crystal flower should be here. Cipher must have it."
  "Damnit. We went all that way for nothing?" I say.
  "Maybe the gold is still there. We can beat him to it if we really try."
  "All of a sudden you're Miss Positive?"
  "C'mon!"
  Yet I have this strange feeling that Cipher didn't take the flower.