Chapter Twenty Seven: Trinity's P.O.V. The Last Task

I scoop up the gold bars. I smile in triumph to myself. I've finished the last task. I can finally see Annabelle again.
  I hurry down the other side of the mountain, where it's much less steep. Pathways and tunnel-like passageways make it easier to climb down.
  I get to the bottom after what still feels like forever. Now all I have to do is make the long journey back to Cipher's castle. Wherever that is.
  I sigh, and begin to walk. I peer at the ground, at which I can barely see. It appears - blue? An electric blue circle, edges in blue flame, appears around my feet. I fall through.
  Suddenly, I'm dropping through many levels and floors of an odd building. I scream.
  I land on one. I lay on the cold, hard, cement flooring. The gold bars scatter around me.
  "I'll take those, thank you very much!" Cipher, all too cheery, exclaims. The gold bars and the crystal flower disappear after he snaps his gloved fingers.
I'm guessing this is his castle. That was easy.
He looks at the floor, as if questioning something, then turns in a circle like he's looking for anything else. He murmurs something under his breath.
"Hm. Where are they?" he asks.
"Who?" I question.
"Oh! Silly me! I forgot your third task!"
I hadn't realized this before. What could he want?
"Alright, sweetheart. You've gotta kill your friends."