Chapter Thirty One: Luna's P.O.V. Battle

"Alright, we gotta wipe out these guys," I instruct, gesturing to the large array of monsters strolling along the dead ground of the center of Galaxy City. It used to be a place filled with flashy buildings and skyscrapers, shining its lights at night. I live farther south, in the country, where the buildings are scarce and you can see the other stars and galaxies and planets.
  "This is where the catastrophic events began, and this is where it has to end," I announce heroically, although we all know that a group of three rag-tag, average citizens of Dreamscape aren't going to defeat 200 monsters with unknown, advanced technology and power.
  "My fists have been preparing for this," Orion comments.
  "I can't do this. I don't have any powers," Maia says.
  "Neither does Orion," I point out, trying to make my girlfriend feel better. I pat her on the back.
  "But he has muscles! And you have night powers! We're in your home area, you're strongest here!" Maia cries.
  "I can't see the night, it's blocked," I tell her.
  "Look guys, it'll be tough for all of us, okay? But let's just try our best," Orion decides."Let's get 'em!" He runs into battle.
"Well, I was thinking that we could sort out a plan, but... whatever," I watch Orion dash crazily out into the dead open space. Monsters turn their heads and blankly stare at him.
He's about to get creamed.
"I'm guessing we should go help him," Maia suggests.
I nod, and we walk out after him.
Orion punches a creature right where it looks like his gut could be, if monsters have guts. A pained look streaks on its face, and it falls to the ground, and poofs.
Orion watches as it disappears. And he lights up like a five year old kid as he shouts to us, "Whoa! Guys! Did you see what I just did to that monster!" He picks up a shiny hunk of something."And they drop jewels! Cool! I'm rich!"
I run over and look."It's like a video game... what's Cipher playing at?" I notice his castle hovering just above the water beside us. There are windows, but I'm unable to see through them. I can't help but wonder if he's laughing at us just inside, or if Annabelle is crying for help, trapped between the sound-proof walls.
  There's a strong wind. I turn to realize it's coming from... Maia?
  "Watch out!" she yells, as she throws her arm out towards us and the remaining 199 monsters out in the dust.
  I grab Orion and rush to protection in the trees. The water rises up from the ocean and wipes out the monsters, sending them into a tizzy of fear.
  "This is my chance to beat them into the ground!" Orion runs out into the action, pounding the distracted monsters.
  Meanwhile, I make my way up to Maia."Maia! What on Dreamscape was that?! That was amazing! How?!"
  "I... I don't know!" she smiles."I just had this feeling in my gut... and I went down to the pier, and I found a strong connection to water. I can't believe it! I've lived in a beach my entire life and I've never had that sensation before! I have water powers!"
  We hug. "I'm so proud of you," I tell her.
  "I see you guys are having fun," Orion interrupts."But do you mind helping me with these monsters?"
  Maia scratches her head."Oh, right. Sorry."
  "Heh. Whoops."
  A figure emerges from the sky, and comes down to the ground many yards away. It's someone wearing a cloak, but none of us are able to tell who it is. Their face is covered up.
  "Hello?" I call out."I'm Luna! The Guardian of the Night! Are you a survivor? We can help you!"
  The person in the cloak fails to answer. They walk towards us, head down.
  Orion, Maia, and I exchange confused and worried glances.
  They get closer and closer, until we are only a few feet away.
  Then they pull out a spear.