Chapter Ten: Maia's P.O.V. Trouble

The phone rings. I wait a second to pick it up. I gaze out the window at the rough sea just one more time before answering.
"Maia? Are you there? Are you okay?" Luna interrogates me through the phone.
"I'm here," I say."You sound panicked. Are you alright?"
"No. You have to come to Galaxy City right away."
"Why? What's going on?"
"Just come!"
"I'll be there in ten minutes. There's a bad storm out there. Poseidon sure is mad today."
"Oh, that's no Greek God doing that..."
I stand, confused at that statement, until Luna hangs up.
I make my way to her place as quick as I can. Orion and Trinity are there with her."Is everything alright?"
"No," Trinity answers."Nothing is alright."
"Cipher's coming back," Orion states, straight-fowardly.
Those three words hit me like a bullet. I nearly fall back on nothing but air."What?! I thought... just a legend... thousands... impossible... how?! Why?!" My words come out in mutters and stammers. No full sentences can make it out of my mouth without breaking down.
"Remember the creature from Ghost Lagoon?" Luna asks."That was a form of him."
"He, Cipher himself, was attacking us? Why us?" I gasp.
"Who knows." Trinity sighs.
"All we know is he's going to destroy the universe and everything in it," Orion states.
"How do you know?" I question.
"Read the legends. Every few thousand years he restarts the universe," Orion informs."And yes, he has the power to do that."
"Why would he want to do that?" I ask.
"Demons find it fun to hurt people. Cause a few apocalypses. You know, demons are gonna be demons," Trinity answers.
"Have you told Annabelle?" I wonder. I hate to ask so many questions, but I can't help it. It's already annoying me, I'll bet it's annoying them.
"I called her after I called you," Luna says."She hasn't showed up. And since she's only an area next to us, I thought she'd be here first. Especially since she can fly. But no trace of her. It must be because of the darkness. She wouldn't be able to see where she's going."
"Hm. Yeah," I say to fill silence.
  We wait another five minutes, standing in awkward silence, and then we call her again. This time there's no answer.
  "Sh*t," I say."Do you think she's hurt?"
  "Or worse!" Trinity adds.
  Orion states,"We should go see."
  "Orion, no!" Luna cries."It's too dangerous. And dark."
  "Then I'll go by myself," he says.
  "Did you even hear me?" Luna argues.
  "Then make a bright full moon!" he shouts.
  Trinity and I back away as they begin to quarrel.
  "Don't you see?!" Luna yells loud, and shocks the rest of us. We stare at her, and soon she breaks down into a whisper,"I can't..."
  "The stakes are high," Luna continues."This can tear us apart. We have to stay true to each other - and ourselves. We can't fight. This can be our last month, or week, or day or hour or minute, or even second. And do you want to spend it like this? It's taking away our powers. Our hope and love and peace. Cipher is bringing in darkness and war and pain. And we need to fight back. It's dangerous. But we have to go. For Annabelle."