Eight: Annabelle's P.O.V. Daylight

Five minutes pass, and I'm sure I'm going to die first.
If the branches squeeze any tighter, my neck is going to explode. I'm dying. Goodbye, world. It's about time.
I watch as the sky gets lighter, and there's a slight chance I'll see the first spot of sun of the new dawn before I pass.
The stars are nearly gone now. I watch as my friends struggle in tree roots. Orion is kicking the wall uselessly as if that'll get him out. I would make fun of him like I normally do, but I can't speak and that's not what I would want my last words to be. Luna is letting herself die; she's always been the simple type, letting life carry her.
Trinity is trying to calm Orion down with her optimism. Lastly, Maia tries to untangle herself but she's so knotted up that there's no way she'll get out of it.
I sigh. I never thought I'd die like this. Quite a weird way to die.
The creature notices the daylight, too, and seems to panic. Hm. It's eyes change from red and narrowed to white and wide. He stops his work, and in a flash, he's gone. I feel the miraculous feeling of wiggle room. The branches and assorted vines loosen from my neck and stomach and legs and arms and everywhere else. Eventually gravity takes over and pulls me to the floor.
I take a huge breath and watch as the rest of the gang are freed.
First we just stare at each other. Then we rush and hug. A beautiful feeling of relief is released. Ah.
"What was that thing?!" Maia gasps.
"Terrifying. It was terrifying," Trinity states.
"Very funny," I say sarcastically."But something that is definitely not native to Dreamscape."
"Another planet?" Orion guesses."Dimension? Solar system? Galaxy? Universe?!"
"Probably any one of those," Luna agrees.
"Thank God for daylight," Maia breathes."It saved us."
"Is its weakness daylight?" Trinity questions."Or the sun, or something?"
"What I wanna know is what that thing is," Orion states.
I can only think of one thing or being it would be, only a guess, of a legendary story I've heard many times from everyone. Is it finally happening? Is this what it's going to come to? Is it him? Is he here? Was that thing him?! I don't want to say his name, but I came help but mutter,"Legends have it..."
"What, Annabelle?" Luna asks."Did you say something?"
"Oh. No. No I didn't."
"Let's get outta here," Orion states and we shuffle out and resort to our own homes.
That's a good suggestion, I think as I fly over Galaxy City ten minutes later. Finally I arrive at a large black gate, blocking Galaxy City from where I live, the darkest and most depressing place in Dreamscape. I use the code to get in and fly to my house.
  And now, I think.
  The legend.
  Well, there's more then one of course.
  Of him.
  Creature, being, whatever the hell he is... he's coming.
  And not just for a small visit.