Chapter Twenty Four: Annabelle's P.O.V. Strings Attached

I open my eyes, and I feel one thing.
  Pain.
  My arms and legs are in chains.
  "Let me go!" I scream, suddenly gaining the strength to speak again. My anger is coming out.
  Then Cipher rises up from the floors."Oh, Wings, you're really desperate aren't you?"
"Oh, please. Call me by my real name like a man."
"Sassy today, aren't we?" He snaps his fingers and another chain closes around my neck.
I cough."You have no right to keep me here! W-where are we?"
"Ah, just in my castle."
"You don't have a castle."
"Not on your home star, sweetie!" Cipher taunts mockingly."Just, you know... galaxies away!" He flips a switch, and a screen shows me the distance between us and Dreamscape. Cipher gives off an evil smirk."But don't worry, we'll be moving there soon enough. Y'know, even a guy like me enjoys nice views. Of your terrified citizens."
  "I know what you're doing. You're taking over me."
  "You?" He bursts into laughter.
  And honestly, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to take this into offense or relief.
  "No, you're too smart. And I like to do my dirty work on my own, thanks."
  I narrow my eyes."Who?"
  "A blank slate. Someone who doesn't know the true horror of what' she's even doing. It's funny. Cute, even! Any name pop into your head yet? You should know, Annabelle. I did just think that you were clever. It's your little friend, Trinity."
  My eyes widen as he explains this to me."No."
  "Oh, yes. She made a deal with me. What a sweetheart! Thought she could save you by doing three tasks. I told her to grab me the crystal flower and the gold from Mount Bill. She shook on it, but forgot to even ask what the third task was! What an idiot!" He laughs more.
  "Hey! Don't call her an idiot!"
  "Whoa, defensive! I sense a little speck of feelings for her. I thought you hated everyone."
  I fell myself blush. I have kinda liked her for awhile...
  I shake my head. No. What am I doing? Thinking about love at a time like this? Trinity's in danger! I know she kind of made a stupid move, but it was to save me. That takes courage. I could never do that...
  I knew there were strings attached.
  They just weren't attached to me.