Chapter 37

"Alyssa, you okay?" Meg asks sweetly. She's the only person i could think of to come over. I shrug.
"Just had a fight with my boyfriend," I explain and she nods understandingly.
"I'm having girlfriend troubles myself. What did you guys fight about?" She asks and I tell her what happened.
"That's rough. He said he's disappointed in you?"
I nod. That was the worst part. I don't care if someone's mad at me or whatever, but i feel terrible if I disappoint someone.

"Yeah. It's fine though, we've been fighting a lot lately." It's true. Chandler and I are at a rough patch in our relationship.
"So what's going on with you and your girlfriend?" I ask meg. I just kind of want to change the subject.
"My girlfriends name is Lynn. She's gorgeous... And she cheated on me with some bitch with bad eyebrows. Probably breaking up with her soon," she admits sadly.

We spend the rest of the day watching movies and eating ice cream. She's hilarious and making me feel so much better. I think I've found a new best friend. She's perfect, and I'm having fun with her.
Around 10 I get a call from Chandler. I hope he's apologizing or something.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ally. We need to talk," he says shakily. Has he been crying?

"Okay..." I say hesitantly. I give meg a nervous look as I wait for him to talk.

"I think we should take a break," he says after a long pause.

"What?" I say in a small voice. I can't believe this is happening.

"Just for a couple weeks or something. I just need some time. And I think you need time to figure yourself out. I'm sorry," he answers, and I can tell this is hard for him.

"Please don't do this. If this I about today I'm sorry," I plead desperately. I hear him exhale and there's a long pause.

"I'm sorry. Goodbye," he says and hangs up before I can say anything else. Oh my god. Meg immediately wraps me in a hug. She heard the whole thing.

"I'm so sorry, Alyssa," she whispers and I cry into her shoulder. Today sucks.

Meg has to go home an hour later and leaves me alone. All alone. Does he even still love me? What happens when I see him at work and school? Tears stream down my face and I look in the mirror. Worthless. Ugly. Annoying. I can see why he doesn't want to be with me. I look at the clock. 3 am. I just want to sleep. But I feel so empty. I feel numb. I want to feel something.