Chapter 22

One week later...

"Zak is coming over in an hour! Don't be embarrassing," I yell to Scar and she comes running from down the hall.
"Who is Zak?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows. We have gotten along much better now that she is not trying to be my mom.
"This guy I met at the mall last week. Super cute, and likes me," I answer and she grins.
"That's the best combination. I'll try not to embarrass you too bad, but no promises," she says jokingly, and walks back to her room laughing. Dork.
Time to get ready.

Zak knocks on my door and I take a deep breath before letting him in.
"Hey, Alyssa. You look great," he says smiling with perfect teeth.
"Thank you, so do you. So do you just want to chill here and watch movies?"
"That sounds perfect. What movie?"
"Labyrinth?" I ask hopefully. It's my favorite movie, and if he likes it then I'm sold.
He loves it too. He is perfect.
"By the way, I'm supposed to get my script today, so we might get interrupted for a second," I start the movie, and I sit next to him on the couch. Somewhere around halfway through the movie I realized that he had his arm around me and we were pretty much cuddling. That's perfectly okay with me. A couple minutes later, someone is at my door.

I pause the movie and open the door to see, of course, Chandler. I feel like this will be awkward. He is holding a small box.
"Hey. Can I come in?" He asks and I glance over to Zak.
"Really quick. What's up?" I let him in and he gives a very small, forced smile to Zak, who nods in return.
"This is Zak," I introduce him. "Zak, this is Chandler."
"I have your scripts," Chandler says, setting the box down and opening it. So many papers, yay. He tells me which ones are for which episode, and marks the ones that I have the most parts in.
"Thanks. I think I've got it," i smile and he returns it.
"Anytime. We should go over it before we have to film, Ally. Have fun," he says before glaring a little at Zak(who is smirking cockily at Chandler) and leaving.

"That was kind of weird. who is that guy exactly," Zak asks me when I sit back down and play the movie.
"He works with me," I answer vaguely. He smirks and shakes his head.
"No, I meant to you, personally."
How do I answer this?
"I guess we used to date. Just friends now though," I answer, leaving out the part about still liking each other. He nods like he expected that.
"Oh, that would explain why he was acting like that. He is so fucking jealous it's kinda hilarious."
"Why do you think that?" I don't think he was acting that jealous.
"The looks he was giving me, the way he was talking, how he looked at you. he is so jealous."
I know it's probably wrong of me to think, but I'm a little happy that he got jealous. We go back to watching the movie and talking. Scar 'casually' walks into the room.

"Hello. I'm Scar, Ally's sister. You must be Zak," she introduces herself, shaking his hand.
"Great to meet you. Love the hair," he replies nicely and she grins. She just died her hair hot pink, and she loves getting complimented on new hair.
"Thank you. Have fun, guys." She starts walking back towards her room, but not before turning and giving me a thumbs up and a wink. Right in front of Zak. Ugh. I try very hard not to blush, and he laughs a little.
"She seems cool," he tells me, and I smile and nod.
"Yeah, she is. Annoying a lot of the time, but cool."
We talk about our families, work, music, and end up having a really fun time. Halfway through one of my stories about acting, he interrupts me.

"You're so cute. I love the way your eyes light up when you talk about stuff you love. You're amazing," he compliments, and I don't even try to contain my blush.
"Eh, I'm not that amazing," I say, jokingly and he chuckles.
"Dude, you are 15, and already in one of the most popular TV shows in the United States. I think that is pretty amazing."
I actually haven't thought about that. Most kids my age don't even know where they're going in life, and I've already started my career. That's really weird to think about.
"I'm just good at acting and have a decent face," I reply and he smiles.
"Decent? You're gorgeous. Honestly, beautiful, talented, funny, and totally into me. You're like, the perfect girl," he jokes, putting emphasis on the 'totally into me.' I playfully punch his shoulder and laugh. He isn't wrong, though.

Unfortunately, he has to leave soon after, and he gives me a peck on the cheek before leaving on his longboard. He is such a cutie. I get a text from Chandler a few minutes later asking if I need a ride to school tomorrow. I had totally forgotten! I quickly reply with a yes and start rushing to get all of my stuff in order. Tomorrow is going to be a really long day, so after picking out an outfit and putting my stuff in my backpack, I go over my scripts, and go to bed early.