Chapter 2

My mom had been gone for an hour, Scar had left to go to a concert right after she left, and Cade had already gone to sleep. I was practically home alone, with nothing to do. I turned on the TV, and put Oculus in the DVD player. I planned on doing this for the rest of the night, so I microwaved some popcorn and snuggled into my blanket on my couch. This was such a great movie, and Karen Gillan was my favorite actress.

Just as I started getting comfortable, the doorbell rang. I groaned, paused the movie and stood up. I wrapped myself in my blanket, because it was really warm, it was super fuzzy, and I don't have to explain myself to you. I opened the door annoyed. "Yes," I asked, clearly irritated. "Um- hi. I'm Chandler Riggs. Do you mind if my friend and I stay here for a couple hours? His car broke down and it will take a while for his parents to get here," he said apologetically. My jaw dropped. Chandler Riggs was at my door asking to hang out for a few hours. "Y-yes." I replied, trying to keep myself calm. "Come in."

Chandler and his friend walk in as I try not to explode. "You can watch this movie with me if you want," I offered hopefully. The both looked at the TV and Chandler's friend smiled. He looked really familiar, I just had a hard time placing a name to his face. "I love Oculus!" He exclaimed excitedly and sat down. Chandler sat down a little slower. "Have you seen it, Chandler?" I ask. Oh my God. I'm talking to Chandler Fucking Riggs! He watched me with his dazzling blue eyes as I made my way to the opposite couch and sat down. "No, I haven't," he replied politely. I smile. His voice is heavenly. I can't believe he's in my house, with me, watching my favorite movie! "Well, you're in for a treat. It's my favorite," I said as I pushed play. "My name is Ally Johnson, by the way."

We watched the entire movie together, and I realized halfway through who Chandler's friend is. Sam. We all got more comfortable together as we watched it. We all made jokes and laughed together. They were really funny, and I actually did a pretty good job not staring at Chandler's amazingness the whole time. Towards the end of the movie though, I started to get anxious. What were we going to do after the movie? What if my mom came home before they left? What if they think I'm stupid? Or annoying? Or both? I kept filling my brain with questions, and I was on the verge of a panic attack.

"I'll be right back," I say, successfully keeping my voice under control. "Don't miss me too much." I said before I left, and I heard them laughing behind me. I walked quickly to my room and shut the door behind me. "Okay, breathe. It's okay," I told myself while taking deep breaths and pacing around my messy room. After a I had calmed down, I opened my door silently. I was about to walk into the living room, when I heard one of them say my name in a hushed voice. I considered going back to my room, or walking in loudly, but instead I took a small step back and stood around the corner. I know eavesdropping is bad, but you try not listening when your favorite celebrity is secretly talking about you.

"Dude, she is ridiculously hot," Sam whispered.

"I know! But we don't know her, and she could be some crazy person who wants to kill us!" Chandler whispered back. That hurt. But he thought I was hot! That's good enough for me.

"Not every stranger is a psychopath, Chandler. And she's really nice and funny" Sam replied. "Why don't you just lighten up? She's not going to murder you." I liked sam. I'm glad he didn't think I was a murderer.

Chandler sighed. "I guess you're right. Do you think she likes me?" He asked sam. That took me by surprise. He cared about why I think of him?

"Definitely." He replies. I decided I should make myself known. I walk out inconspicuously. "What did I miss?"