Chapter 2: At lunch

I figured that since Nichol had to spend her lunch time in here on the first day of her Sr. year that I would at least get us lunch. I wait five minutes for her figuring she was gonna ditch. I go and close the door. She is so going to get it. I hear a knock on the door. I say, " Come in."

Nicole walks in with a little smile on her face. I say, " What is it with you and being five minutes late?"

She closes the door and walks up to me. She gets really close and whispers, " Getting under your skin."

Oh my gosh this can't be happening. She can't really be flirting with me in my classroom. Of course it takes my breath away. We have been flirting back and forth since she was 17 but we are in my class. I recover quickly thankfully. I say, " Step back!"

" You have never had a problem with me being close before."

" That's different."

" How is it different?"

" Because you weren't my student then."

" Oh I see so I can't flirt with you in school."

" You can't flirt with me at all anymore."

She rolls her eyes and says, " Come on you know as much as I do that you want me."

" No I don't." Danm I hope she believes that lie. I can't risk losing my teaching license because of her. I have worked so hard for it. She says, " You know that you have been waiting until I was 18 to act on your feelings. I turned 18 three days ago. Don't let something as stupid as you being my teacher get in the way of that."

" It's not stupid. Now go have a seat." Man she was right about the whole waiting until she was 18 thing but it was her danm fault that she failed last year because she was to busy partying to even care about her Sr. year. That little comment that she made about me being her teacher was stupid really pissed me off. I care about my job to danm much. She goes and sits down in a desk near my desk. I take out my lunch. I don't even know if I want to share with her anymore. I start eating and she looks at me. She says, " Really you have to take my lunch break away and then toucher me even more by eat sushie in front of me!"

I take another bite. I say, " I didn't take your lunch break away from you you did. Also I had gotten you some sushie but you had to go and call me being your teacher stupid."

" I'm sorry ok. I just have always liked you. You will probably be the best teacher I have ever had I just don't like the fact that we can't ve together."

" Here come get your sushie. Also do you really think that I like that you are my student. Hell you know how long I have wanted you but I just can't have you. If you wouldn't have failed last year then tonight you could have been mine."

She stands up and brings her chair near mine. She says, " I know I'm a stupid for failing. You should already know that I'm not that smart of a person." She starts crying after saying that. I walk around my desk and pull her up into a hug. I let her cry on my shoulder a little bit before I say, " I know you are a smart person you just make a lot of bad choices."

" Yeah and how am I suppose to change when the only way to get people not to fuck with me is to make these choices. You don't know how many people would be after me because of my dad if I didn't make these choices."

" That shouldn't make you have to make bad choices. You know your dad would never let anything happen to you."

" I understand that now but it's to late I'm already addicted to the danm pills."

" Sadly I know."

She lets go of me and sits down. I go and sit back in my seat. I say, " I will help you in anyway I can and you know that but you have to he willing to help yourself."

" I just can't help myself. Can I please leave?"

Because of how upset she is I let her leave. She grabs the sushie before walking out. I put my head in my hands and start to cry. I hate seeing how much she struggles I always have. Why did I have to be her teacher. I know that me being with her would help her a lot but I just can't be with her. I need to get my mind off of her and I know just who to call to do just that. I call my best friend Lisa. When she picks up she says, " What's up bitch?" I try to hide that I have been crying. I say, " Just on lunch and I need to go out to the club tonight."

" Hun have you been crying? Has your first day been really that bad?" Dann I should have known that she would be able to tell that I have been crying. I say, " I just need to go out with no questions asked."