Chapter 22: Thanksgiving

The next day we don't have to wake up early. When we do wake up though we go eat breakfast. After we eat we head downstairs with our stuff. My dad checks out. We go to the limo. People have already packed our bags.

The limo drives us to the airport. We walk through security and go to our jet. We go on.

We sit in the same places that we sat last time. Nicole rest her head on my shoulder. I whisper in her ear, " I think you will like what we are doing today."

She nods before going back to sleep. The flight attendant puts on music and hands us a deck of cards. We wont be watching a movie this time before the flight is only 30 minutes if even that.

We buckle up and soon are in the air. Some of us play bs while others read. I win the first game but Jamie wins the others. James says, " Let's play four way war. Ryan, Jamie, Amber, and I can play."

We agree. We play at surprise surprise James win. Abby says, " I want to play go fish."

Everyone but Nicole gets in on it. Abby ends up winning. We are soon descending and about to land.

We hit the runway and come in to our gate. I wake Nicole up. We get off and go to another Limo that is waiting for us.

****

We pull into our beach house. The limo driver gets our bags out.

I take Nicole and our bags to my room. Abby gets her room, so do my parents, James and Ryan get one guest room, Jamie gets another guest room, and Lisa gets the pull out couch.

Our beach house isn't that fancy but it is still nice. It is where we come when we want to unwind.

My parents come here a lot because they have three renters in three different houses around here. It brings in good money.

I say, " Nicole get a riding outfit on."

She looks at me as in questioning what I am up to but does as I say.

Everyone else has been advised to do the same. We walk outside and my dad opens the shed. He drives out five motorcycles. The one Nichol and I will be on is green with red flames going down the side.

My parents will be on one, Jamie and Abby will be on another, James and Ryan and be on a blue one, and Lisa will ride alone. We line up. My parents bike is first, second is mine, third is Jamie, forth is Lisa, fifth is James.

We put on our helmets. We start up our bikes and then we are off. My dad leads us down a road. It has some curves. He then leads us down another. Finally we are where he is taking us.

We are at a biker hang out. The bikers here are down to earth. We walk in and order some bbq fries.

After we eat we pay and leave. My dad leads us all over the coast of Daytona. He pulls over and ask us if we want to ride to a place called St. Augustine. We say sure.

He hits the highway. We drive fast but at the same time safe for Abby. We stick together. We get to the place and he takes us to a fort. We take a tour.

The fort is call. The town is the oldest in the country. After we spend a few hours here we head back to Daytona.

When we get back to the house we agree that is has been fun.

*****

That night we go to the local pool hall. My parents and Abby stay home. The pool hall isn't nearly as good as James. In fact they are salling it.

I say, " James I want to talk to you."

We go outside to talk.

" What did you want to talk to me about?"

" This pool hall is getting sold. I know how well the one you have at home is doing. If I become co owner of this place do you want it?"

" I don't have the money for it."

" I know but I do. I will buy it and you will have all the say. We can make it into a gay pool hall just like at home. I have a really good friend down here who is a lesbian. She can run it for us and put the money into both of our bank accounts. It will be 50 50."

" Omg have I told you how much I love you lately."

" I love you too. So I take that as a yes that you want it."

" Hell yes."

We go inside and I ask to speak to the owner. The owner comes out. He is a big guy. He says, " How may I help you?"

" How much are you salling the pool hall for?"

" It's going for 5,000."

" Ok I want to buy it."

" Please come into my office." I nod and follow him

" Do you have any experience with a pool hall?"

" The person who will be the co owner has a pool hall of his own and it is doing really well."

" Ok you can write me a check or bring me the money tomorrow."

" I'll write you a check."

He nods. I write him a check while he gets a his lawyer on the phone. About five minutes later his lawyer is walking in. He has all the papers for me to sign. I sign the papers. He gives me the rights to the pool hall. The ex owner says, " Can my people at least work here for two weeks."

" Yeah that's fine."

We walk out and he says, " I have something to tell everyone."

Everyone stops to listen. He goes on, " I have just sold the pool hall. You are looking at one of the new owners to the pool hall. Works she has agreed to let you guys stay on gor another two weeks."

My friends cheer. James walks over to me. I say, " Ok so lets decide if we want anyone to stay on." He nods and starts watching the people work. I call my lesbian friend up and tell her to come to the pool hall. The ex owner and his lawyer leaves.

My lesbian friend Dawn walks in. Some of the works are not that happy that she is here. I ask her to come to the office with James and I.

She does. We all sit down. I say, " James my gay friend and I are now the owners of this place. We want to turn it into a gay pool hall. We want you to run things since we live in Tennessee. If you agree you will just have to put the money in our accounts each week. James will let you know what he would like for you to do around here."

" Yes I will run it for you guys."

" Awesome I will let you guys talk." I get up and walk out.

We spend the rest of the night watching the workers and playing pool.

*****

Today is Thanksgiving. My mom has told us not to leave the house. I let my parents know what I did last night. They back me 100%.

She spends all day cooking. We play football and watch it on tv. We all are having a good day. At around four my mom puts out some appetizers. We have wine, crackers, chesse, pigs in blankets, pin wheels, and pumpkin bread. We eat until we are full.

My mom lets us know that it will be an hour until dinner is ready. We spend that hour in the pool. I smile at how happy everyone looks.

An hour later my mom has turkey, chicken, sweetpotator casrole, mashed potatoes, green beans, corns, stuffing, deviled eggs, biscutes, pumpkin pie, and sweet tea.

We all dig in. We eat until we are stuffed. My mom really out did herself this year.