Chapter 44: Christmas

That night I decide to let Grace stay here over night. It is Christmas after all and I don't want her to have to go back to the home. I call the orphanage and let them know that she will be staying here for the night.

They say that is fine.

I wasn't really giving them an option but whatever. I have to be good when it comes to Grace. If I get into trouble I could lose my teaching job. Well screw my teaching job. Because of that job I almost loss the love of my life. I am still going to go like nothing is going on.

****

The next day Abby comes out of her room. She says, " Am can we talk?"

" You haven't called me that for like ever what's up?"

" Well I wanted to know if we could take Grace in. I don't feel ok with the fact that we are living a good life while she is in an orphanage."

" I would have to think about it sweety."

She nods and then walks off.

Nicole walks in from the bed room. Ahe hugs me. I pull her onto my lap. I start cuddling up to her. I say, " So Abby wants Grace to move in with us. I want to see how you feel about it before I say that it is ok."

" Well it's up to you because it is your house."

" Yeah but you know that I care how you feel."

" Well I just want you to do what makes you happy. If you want your sister to move in then let her. If you think it's to soon then get to know her more. If you don't want to take on another kid then that is fine too."

" Well I'm leaning more towards letting her move in. It could be a late Christmas gift. I just have to see how she feels about it."

Nicole nods. She runs to the bathroom and throws up. I follow her and hold her hair.

****

Three days later:

Nicole has been really sick the last three days. She can't keep anything down. I try to keep fluid in her. I have been giving her soup. I hope that she starts feeling better.

Abby and Grace walk up to us. Grace says, " Is there anything I can do for her?"

Grace moved in two days ago. I am now her foster mom until I decide to adopt her. She has been a big help.

I say, " I think I'm going to take her to the hospital. She isn't getting any better sadly. Can you open the door for me and Abby can you open the car doors for me. Also can you guys ride with me to take care of her. I can't do it while I drive."

We leave and go to the hospital.

When we get there we have to wait an hour before we get taken back. Abby and Grace wait out in the waiting room. The doctor runs test. He then sends her for a sonogram.

Thirty minutes later he walks in. He says, " I know that you got raped and that you don't want to hear this. However I do have to tell you the news. You are pregnant."