Chapter 13: Pool time

When I found her passed out it upset me but now that I know she is ok it pisses me off. We are still in her room. We had sat in silence for a while. I finally say, " Why the fuck did you take enough to pass out?"

" I didn't relies that I had taken so much."

" The first thing to go if we get together are the pills."

" I don't even know if I can stop."

" So what your not even willing to try? Am I really not worth it?"

" I didn't say you aren't worth it. I said that might be to hard and I don't know if I can or not."

" Well anything worth doing in life is hard. If you truly want to be with me then the pills need to stop. Why am I going to wrisk my future if I am going to have to worry about when I'm going to find you passed out because of pills. If you keep doing the pills and we get together then there is a chance that I could lose everything including you. I don't want to fucking lose you."

" I don't want you to lose me also and I don't want to lose you. I will stop doing pills. It may take some time but I will keep trying."

" Like I have said before that is all I can ask of you."

We hug each other and I give her a kiss on the forehead.

****

Class time is starting up. My students pass in their homework. Ugh I just want a teacher planning day so that I can finish the grading I have. It is like as soon as I catch up with grading two days later I am behind. I'm going to have to start taking papers home to grade. I have learned my lesson about not bringing it home. Soon we are going to have to start on this semester final exam. I stand infront of my class and say, " You guys have two more months until this semester is over. I have made a list of things you can do for the final exam for this semester. Please sighn your name next to what you want." After everyone signs their name next to what they want I look at the chart. Nicole has picked the ocean to do her final on. That means she will have to show what lives in the ocean, the food chain, what grows in the ocean, and write a report on the ocean. I tell everyone what they have to do with their final and everyone gets excited. I am glad that they like what they have to do for their finals.

******

I have dinner at my parents house in five minutes. I finish getting ready and walk down to their house. I walk in and abby runs up to me. She gives me a hug and I hug her back. We go into the kitchen. My mom has made my faviort dinner. She has made sweet ribs, crab legs, shrimp mac and chesse (mac and chesse that has little bits of shrimp in it), and biscuits. My mom is the best cook I know. We sit down and pray over our dinner. We start eating. My dad says, " So why isn't Nicole my daughter in law yet?" He says it trying to be funny.

My mom says, " Lewis don't ask it like that hun. However I would like to know why Nicole and you aren't together yet."

" Because she is my student." They are really shocked. Abby acts shocked also but of course she already knew.

My dad says, " Wow that sucks. I'm sorry I know how much you have always liked her. You should still try to be with her." My dad is one of my best friends he has always been on my side no matter what. He has also always had my back no matter what. My mom is a little stricter but she is still awesome.

My mom says, " Lewis don't give her that kind of adive. She could end up losing her teaching license if she starts dating Nicole. Also I thought that Nicole was done with school though."

" She failed a grade."

My mom says, " That does suck but I am proud that you are putting your job before tour feelings."