Chpater 43: Christmas eve

It is Christmas eve. Normally I would have my bestfriends, Nicole, my parents, and Abby here with me. The only one is here though is Abby. My bestfriends are of course out of town, Nicole probably won't be coming because it hurt so much, and of course my parents aren't around anymore.

It is going to be hard today and tomorrow since it is the first Christmas without my parents. My aunt is going to come over tomorrow but she is busy tonight with her new boyfriend.

I make Abby and I dinner. It isn't anything fancy like I normally do. It feels kinda crazy not to cook anything big. There wasn't any point this year. Tomorrow I will be getting food from the bar and grill.

Abby and I open one gift like we always do on Christmas eve. She opens her gift that I found from my parents at their house. It is a picture of the three of them. She starts to cry. I hug her.

Once I know she is ok I open the gift that I had found for me from my parents. It is a bracelet that says, ' True love always wins.'

It makes me want to cry but I keep myself strong for Abby. She says, " I know we don't have any gifts for her but can we have Grace over tomorrow? I would love to finally meet her."

" Yeah I will go out and get some gifts also. I don't know what she likes she I will get her a gift card for $200 from us."

" Ok."

We smile at each other.

****

The next morning Abby wakes me up. Crap I hope she doesn't still believe in Santa. I don't want her to be all sad. However since she is going to be a mom in a little over nine months then she should be out grown for that.

I open my eyes to see her smiling at me. She says, " So is Nicole coming over today?"

" She probably will be not for me. You know she still looks at you as a sister."

" Yeah whatever. You know that girl still is madly inlove with you. I can't believe you are letting her dad stand in the way of you two."

" Go get dressed little sis we have to go pick up some stuff for today."

She nods and runs off. I call the orphanage. I ask if I could get Grace for the day. I let them know who I am. They tell me that they are fine with it.

Once Abby is dressed we go to wal-mart and buy the gift card. We then go and pick Grace up. When she sees me she smiles a half smile. She says, " What's up?"

" Well Abby and I wanted you to come over for Christmas are you ok with that?"

" Yeah that's fine. I just hope you didn't get me anything. Oh you must be my other sister."

" Yeah I'm Abby. Nice to meet you."

Grace nods and they shake hands. We go and pick up the food. The manger says, " Hello Miss. Hill. I have your food ready for you. We put together what ever thanksgiving meal will have in it tonight. I also added in some other stuff. I hope you enjoy. Hello Miss. Abby how have you been? You are growing so fast. I remember when you were just a baby."

Abby says, " I have been good Garth. Yes I am growing up thanks for pointing it out. How are the wife and kids?"

" They are really good thanks for asking. Oh where are my manners hello I am Garth the manger of the girls bar and grill and you are?"

He shakes Grace's hand. Grace frowns and says, " I'm Grace. That's all I have to say for now."

He nods. I say, " Thank you Garth say hello to the wife and kids."

" Your more then welcome and I will. Have a nice Christmas Miss. Hill."

We leave. In the car Grace says, " So that place belongs to you two. Must be nice having a place like that."

" Sorry I should have picked you up after getting the food."

" No it's fine."

Once we get home Nicole and Henery come over. I introduce them to Grace. They shake her hand. We then sit down and eat.

After dinner we open gifts. Abby hands Grace her gift from us. Abby says, " We didn't know what you liked or you would have had more to open."

" Thanks. You didn't have to get me anything I'm used to it."

" You are a part of this family now and we wanted to."

She smiles and opens it. She gets the biggest grin on her face. I say, " If you want we can open our gift later."

" It's truly up to you guys. I wouldn't want to stop your dun."

" No it's fine we will open the gifts later."

Henery says, " I hope you don't mind but I have to go to work so can I give them their gifts?"

" Yes that is fine. If you don't mind me asking what is your job?"

" I am the chief of police."

" Oh that's cool."

" Yeah. Abby here is you gift."

She opens it and it is a baby book. He says, " I know it's a little early but you can take pictures each month and put them in there for you baby."

" Thank you Henery I love it."

She gives him a hug.

" Nicole and Amber I have a gift for you to share. I know that I was being out of line for saying that you couldn't be together. If you guys promis not to let anyone find out for six months then I give my blessing. However the first little gossip I will make you guys breakup again."

" Thank you so much sir you will not regret it."

I give him a hug. He says, " I hope not."

We smile. Then Nicole says, " Thank you daddy."

She gives him a hug also. He kisses the top of her head and says, " I just want you to be happy. I know Amber makes you happy. Also I'm a cheap ass and didn't feel like buying Amber a gift."

We laugh at that. He then leaves.

Grace says, " So little sis you are pregnant and big sis you are a lesbian?"

We nod. She says, " I got a crazy family."

Nicole sayd, " You don't even know the half of it."

We all laugh at that. I fall even more in love with Nicole which I thought would ever happen. I go and wrap my arms around the love of my life. I say, " I live you Nicole."

" I love you too Miss. Hill."

Abby and I laugh at that. Grace says, " Why did she call you Miss.Hill?"

" Because that is my name at school where I am one of her teacher's."

" Oh wow that's crazy."

Abby says, " It's not that crazy because they have known each other their whole lifes. We always knew they would be together."

Grace nods and says, " Wait how old are you Nicole?"

" I'm 18."

" Ok just wanted to make sure your not jail bait."

We laugh at that. We spend the rest of the day as a family.