Chapter 26: A very sad day

I go into school the next day. Abby is staying home and Nicole is staying with her. I can't lose any of my sick or vacations day.

The principle is in my class. He says, " What are you doing here?"

" I'm here to work sir."

" You need to be at home. I heared what happend and you are able to take a week off. I know you are probably worry about vacation and sick days. However since you lost your parents the county gives you a week off with no days lost and you still get paid. You have a lot to worry about right now and you don't need the added stress of your class. On the day of the funeral the school is letting out early. The reason we are letting out early is so that the staff and students who knew your parents can come and pay their respects. Your parents were really good people and a big part of the this town. I am one of many people who your dad had helped. I want to say I am truly sorry for your lose."

" Thank you sir."

" Your welcome." I leave the school and go home.

****

It is time for the viewing. It is a really sad night for Abby, Nicole, my friends, and I. My friends have known my parents for a very long time.

My aunt, Abby, Nicole, my friends, and I have seats in the front row. I make sure that my friends will be sitting with me. I can not do tonight if I don't have them by my side.

At first Abby, my aunt, and I have to stand up front. This is really hard. I wish I could just be sitting down. People who I have never even seen come up and give us hugs telling us how amazing are parents were. I know how amazing my parents were. They were my parents after all.

Soon we are able to sit down. The flowers arrangements look amazing.

The preacher talks about my parents. I have asked him not to have people come up and talk about my parents. So instead in his speech he says for everyone that my parents have effected in life to raise a hand. Almost everyone in the room raise their hands. Which makes me feel good a little bit.

After he speaks we have to stand up again for people to walk up to us.

****

The next afternoon we have the funeral service. Since it is at one a lot of the people who werd there last night was not here today. However there were new people.

While the preacher is talking he tells people to help the family get through this hard time. To help out however they can.

No offense to anyone but no one can help me get through this and I truly don't want their help. It is nice that people do want to help out but it's not needed. There is only so much pies and cakes that someone can eat. We have a lot of those. A lot of people have also brought breakfast, lunch, and dinner over for Abby and I.

After the preacher is done talking the people who I have picked to carry the caskets walk up. Carrying my mom I have Nicole, Jamie, Lisa, Abby, and my cousin. Carry my dad I have Henery, James, Ryan, my aunt, and I.

We get them loaded. We go and get in our vehicals. In my car it is Nicole, Abby, and I. We go first after my parents bodies. Behind me is my aunt and her son my cousin. Behind he is James, Ryan, Lisa, and Jamie in James truck. The rest of the people line up. We put our flashes on.

I fallow behind the vehical carrying my parents. When we get to the grave all of us line up to carry my parents. We wait until everyone is out of their vehicles before taking my parents up to their graves. They are getting barried next to my little brother.

After we lay the caskets down we go and sit down. The preacher starts talking again. He once again tell people to help out in any way they can. After he is done talking the caskets get lowered into the grave. That is when the tears come.

I can't control it and just let them fall. Nicole can't hug me or anything so Jamie wraps me up in a hug. Abby is crying also. Nicole wraps her up in a hug.

People will be meeting back at my house. I drive to my house. The food has already been put out. When Henery gets here he ask to speak to me. I walk out side with him so that we can talk. He says, " I am so sorry about you parents. I know what I am about to say isn't going to be helpful but I want to say it. I have always loved you and Abby like my own so now that your parents are gone I will do anything you guys need. If you need help with anything please don't be afraid to ask. I will be like a dad to you guys but I know I will never be able to be your true dad. Your dad was a really amazing guy. As you know we had been best friends for a very long time. I don't think they ever told you but I am your God dad. It has never can up because it never needed to. However now I would like to tell you and I will step up to the plate and do my God dad job."

I give him a hug and smile a little. I say, " You are also an amazing person. I love you like a dad and I'm happy to know that you are my God dad."

He hugs me back. We go back inside. I can't believe that he is my God dad but that doesn't change anything between Nicole and I.

****

The next day I go into Abby school. I will be talking to her teacher. Her teacher has called many times and I just need to have a talk with her.

I go to the classroom and the teacher tells me to sit. I do as she says. She says, " So you are Abby's sister and new care taker."

" Yes ma'am I am."

" Well as you know your sister has not been into school for three days now. It is to soon after the break for her to be missing this much school. She needs to be in class today."

" I don't know if you are aware or not but the reason I am her new care taker is because our parents just died. She is missing school because she is greaving."

" I don't really care if she is greaving or not. She will be in class today or else."

" Or else what?"

" I will have no choice but to call dcf. You will go to court and have to deal with a judge. I don't know what your job is and I really don't care but you will be losing it if she is not in school today. I know you probably don't care because you got a lot of money but your sister future counts on her being here today."

" Well ma'am I am a teacher myself so I know the rules. You want to threaten me well it isn't going to slide. I am going to talk to your boss right now. You will be lucky if you don't get fired or suspended. I am not going to put up with you talking to me like this after I lost my parents. You are an awful teacher."

I walk out and slam her door behind me. I go talk to the principle who was a friend of my mom. I tell her what happend. She is shocked. She calms me down and tells me that the teacher will be getting fired. Also that I can keep Abby out of school as long as I want because she trust my judgement. I tell her thank you and walk out.

****

My friends are over. I have told them about the teacher. Ryan and Lisa say that they would have slapped the teacher. Jamie and James are in shock. Nicole shakes her head.

I say, " I know I was shocked also but she is getting fired. Lets move on from that topic and talk about something that I found out after the funeral." They ask what I find out.

I say, " So apparently Henery is my God dad."

" Eww so that makes Nicole your sister. That is so gross" Lisa says.

" It's not like they are blood. People date their God brothers and sisters all of the time" James says.

" I don't care if you are my God sister it doesn't effect us babe does it" Nicole ask.

" No baby doll we are still as strong as ever." I hug and kiss her.